Book , Online in English
God's forever family : the Jesus People movement in America
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2013.
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- The Jesus People movement of the late 1960s and 1970s was an important force in the lives of millions of American Baby Boomers. This unique combination of the hippie counterculture and evangelical Christianity first appeared amid 1967's famed 'Summer of Love' in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district and grew like wildfire in Southern California and in cities like Seattle, Atlanta, and Milwaukee. This title re-examines the Jesus People phenomenon. It reveals that it was one of the most important American religious movements of the second half of the 20th-century.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Additional form
- 9780199344826 (ebook)
- Alternate version: 9780195326451