Book , Print in English
No country for old men : from novel to film
edited by Lynnea Chapman King, Rick Wallach, Jim Welsh.
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2009.
- xxiii, 238 pages ; 23 cm
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPS3563.C337 N638 2009 c. 1Available
- note: Preface: Too Smart for Mainstream Media? / Lynnea Chapman King
- Introduction. Dialogues and Intertextuality: No Country for Old Men as Fictional and Cinematic Text / Rick Wallach
- 1. "You are the battleground": Materiality, Moral Responsibility, and Determinism in No Country for Old Men / Linda Woodson
- 2. Yeats's "Sailing to Byzantium" and McCarthy's No Country for Old Men: Art and Artifice in the Novel / Steven Frye
- 3. For Whom Bell Tolls: Cormac McCarthy's Sheriff Bell as Spiritual Hero / David Cremean
- 4. No Allegory for Casual Readers / John Vanderheide
- 5. Oedipus Rests: Mimesis and Allegory in No Country for Old Men / John Cant
- 6. Genre, Voice, and Ethos: McCarthy's Perverse "Thriller" / Robert Jarrett
- 7. Borderline Evil: The Dark Side of Byzantium in No Country for Old Men, Novel and Film / Jim Welsh
- 8. "Of what is past, or passing, or to come": Characters as Relics in No Country for Old Men / Pat Nickell / Pat Tyrer
- 9. Devil with a Bad Haircut: Postmodern Villainy Rides the Range in No Country for Old Men / Scott Covell
- 10. For Every Tatter in Its Mortal Dress: Costume and Character in No Country for Old Men / Sonya Topolnisky
- 11. "Hold still": Models of Masculinity in the Coens' No Country for Old Men / Stacey Peebles
- 12. Flip of the Coin: Gender Systems and Female Resistance in the Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men / Erin K. Johns
- 13. Grace and Moss's End in No Country for Old Men / Dennis Cutchins
- 14. Denial and Trepidation Awaiting What's Coming in the Coen Brothers' First Film Adaptation / Dennis Rothennel
- 15. Cold-Blooded Coen Brothers: The Death Drive and No Country for Old Men / Jason Landrum
- 16. "Just a cameraman": An Interview with Roger Deakins / Lynnea Chapman King.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780810867291 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 081086729X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780810867307 (ebook)
- 0810867303 (ebook)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2009012063
- OCLC: 297206760
- OCLC: 297206760