Book , Print in English
Program evaluation : alternative approaches and practical guidelines
Jody L. Fitzpatrick, James R. Sanders, Blaine R. Worthen.
- Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Pearson Education, ©2011.
- 4th ed.
- xiv, 544 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Get a copy from a partner library in 2-3 weeks. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
- Helping both students as well as professionals who are new to the field, this text provides practical guidelines for conducting evaluations, from identifying the questions that the evaluation should address, to determining how to collect and analyze evaluative information, to ascertaining how to provide evaluative information to others. Making extensive use of checklists, examples, and other study aides, Program Evaluation teaches students how to effectively determine the central purpose of their evaluation, thus making their evaluation more valid, more useful, and more efficient.
- pt. 1. Introduction to evaluation
- Evaluation's basic purpose, uses, and conceptual distinctions
- Origins and current trends in modern program evaluation
- Political, interpersonal, and ethical issues in evaluation
- pt. 2. alternative approaches to program evaluation
- Alternative views of evaluation
- First approaches : Expertise and consumer-oriented approaches
- Program-oriented evaluation approaches
- Decision-oriented evaluation approaches
- Participant-oriented evaluation approaches
- Other current considerations : Cultural competence and capacity building
- A comparative analysis of approaches
- pt. 3. Practical guidelines for planning evaluations
- Clarifying the evaluation request and responsibilities
- Setting boundaries and analyzing the evaluation context
- Identifying and selecting the evaluation questions and criteria
- Planning how to conduct the evaluation
- pt. 4. Practical guidelines for conducting and using evaluations
- Collecting evaluative information : Design, sampling, and cost choices
- Collecting evaluative information : Data sources and methods, analysis, and interpretation
- Reporting evaluation results : Maximizing use and understanding
- The future of evaluation
- App. A. The program evaluation standards and guiding principles for evaluators.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 505-525) and indexes.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2010025390
- OCLC: 643763107
- OCLC: 643763107