Book , Print in English
Beyond boundaries : connecting visual cultures in the provinces of ancient Rome
Susan E. Alcock, Mariana Egri, and James F.D. Frakes, editors.
- Los Angeles : Getty Publications, 
- Copyright Notice: ©2016
- viii, 386 pages : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelN5763 .B49 2016 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 11 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Uniform Title: Beyond boundaries (Getty Publications)
- This book includes nineteen provocative and compelling essays by international scholars-accomplished by rich visual documentation, seven detailed maps, and an extensive bibliography-and represents the latest and most innovative scholarship in the field of art and archaelogy of the Roman provinces.
- Part One : Approaches to provincial contexts. What is a province / Alicia Jiménez
- A synoecism of cultures in Roman Greece / Maria Papaioannou
- Networks : exile and tourism in the Roman Cyclades / Rebecca Sweetman
- A portrait of the artist as a mosaicist under the Roman Empire / Will Wootton
- Material matters : object, authorship, and audience in the arts of Rome's empire / Steven Hijmans. Part Two : traditions, innovation, manipulation. Developing a "sculptural habit" : the creation of a sculptural tradition in the Roman Central Balkans / Dragana Mladenović
- In search of identities : a preliminary report on the visual and textual context of the funerary monuments of Roman Macedonia / A.D. Rizakis and I. Touratsoglou
- Coins before conquest in Celtic France : an art lost to empire / Kimberly Cassibry
- Mallokouria : portraits of local elite boys in Roman Egypt / Marianne Bergmann
- The architecture of changing sacrificial practices in Pre-Roman and Roman Gaul. Part Three : Networks, movements, meaning. Celtic design, Roman ubjects : a portrait of Marcus Aurelius from rural Britain / Susan Walker
- Footsteps in stone : variability within a global culture / Louise Revell
- Objective alterity : import consumption in the ports of Roman Egypt / Jennifer Gates-Foster
- Roamn medallions in Scandinavia : shifting contexts of space, time, and meaning / Nancy L. Wicker
- The British Museum Hāritī : toward understanding transculturalism in Gandhara / Naman P. Ahuja. Part Four : local accents in the imperial context. Gods, masks, and monstra : situational syncretisms in Roman Africa / Matthew M. McCarty
- Constructed landscape : designing urban centers in Roman Africa / Thomas Morton
- Heritage and homogeneity in the coinage of early Roman Antioch / Carlos F. Noreña
- Looking at the classical past : tradition, identity, and copies of nobilia opera in Roman Greece / Valentina Di Napoli.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 327-370) and index.
- Identifying numbers
- EAN: 9781606064719
- LCCN: 2015020464
- OCLC: 912507836
- OCLC: 912507836