Book , Print in English
Gardner's art through the ages : the western perspective
Fred S. Kleiner.
- Boston, MA ; Australia ; Brazil ; Mexico ; Singapore ; United Kingdon ; United States : Cengage Learning, 
- Copyright Notice: ©2017
- Fifteenth edition.
- 2 volumes (various pagings) : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 30 cm
Eisenhower D LevelN5300.G252 2017 QUARTO c. 1Multiple Items
- Also known as
- Uniform Title: Gardner's art through the ages. Selections.
- Art through the ages
- An introductory survey of the history of art.
- Volume I. What is art history? ; Art before history ; Mesopotamia and Persia ; Egypt under the Pharaohs ; The prehistoric Aegean ; Ancient Greece ; The Etruscans ; The Roman Empire ; Late Antiquity ; Byzantium ; The Islamic World ; Early Medieval Europe ; Romanesque Europe ; Gothic Europe ; Late Medieval Italy
- volume. II. Late Medieval Italy ; Late Medieval and early Renaissance northern Europe ; The Renaissance in Quattrocento Italy ; Renaissance and Mannerism in Cinquecento Italy ; High Renaissance and Mannerism in northern Europe and Spain ; The Baroque in Italy and Spain ; The Baroque in northern Europe ; Rococo to Neoclassicism : the 18th century in Europe and America ; Romanticism, Realism, photography : Europe and America, 1800 to 1870 ; Impressionism, Post-impressionism, Symbolism : Europe and America, 1870 to 1900 ; Moderism in Europe and America, 1900 to 1945
- Modernism and Postmodernism in Europe and America, 1945 to 1980 ; Contemporary art worldwide.
- Other information
- "Student edition" and "Loose-leaf edition"--Title page verso.
- "... extensively revised and expanded 15th edition of Gardner's Art through the Ages: the Western Perspective, which, like the enhanced 14th edition, is a hybrid art history textbook- ..."--Page xv.
- The 15th edition of Gardner's Art through the Ages is available in several different traditional paper formats.
- Descriptions based on vol. 2.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 9781305633940 (pbk. : student edition, v. 1)
- 9781305645059 (pbk. : student edition, v. 2)
- 1305645057 (pbk. : student edition, v. 2)
- 9781305870925 (pbk. : loose-leaf edition)
- 1305870921 (pbk. : loose-leaf edition)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2015940838
- OCLC: 914290700
- OCLC: 914290700