Book , Online in English
Encyclopedia of Applied and Computational Mathematics
edited by Björn Engquist.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 361 illustrations 208 illustrationsin color. eReference. online resource.
Get a copy from a partner library in 2-3 weeks. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
- Local Subjects
- EACM is a comprehensive reference work covering the vast field of applied and computational mathematics. Applied mathematics itself accounts for at least 60 per cent of mathematics, and the emphasis on computation reflects the current and constantly growing importance of computational methods in all areas of applications. EACM emphasizes the strong links of applied mathematics with major areas of science, such as physics, chemistry, biology, and computer science, as well as specific fields like atmospheric ocean science. In addition, the mathematical input to modern engineering and technology form another core component of EACM.
- Additional form
- Alternate version: 9783540705284
- Identifying numbers
- doi: 10.1007/978-3-540-70529-1