Book , Print in English
The mysticism of sound and music
Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- Boston : Shambhala ; [New York] : Distributed in the United States by Random House, 1996.
- Rev. ed., 1st Shambhala ed.
- ix, 322 pages ; 24 cm.
Friedheim -- Main stacksML3800.I53 1996 c. 1Available
- Also known as
- Subtitle on cover: Sufi teaching of Hazrat Inayat Khan
- Music. Music 1,2,3 ; Esoteric music ; The music of the spheres 1,2 ; The mysticism of sound ; The mystery of sound ; The mystery of colour and sound 1,2 ; The spiritual significance of colour and sound ; The ancient music ; The divinity of Indian music ; The use made of music by the Sufis of the Chishti Order 1,2 ; The use made of music by the dancing Dervishes ; The science and art of Hindu music ; The connection between dance and music 1,2,3 ; Rhythm ; The vina 1,2,3 ; The manifestation of sound on the physical sphere ; The effect of sound on the physical body ; The voice ; The influence of music upon the character of man ; The psychological influence of music ; The healing power of music ; Spiritual attainment by the aid of music
- The mysticism of sound. The silent life ; Vibrations ; Harmony ; Name ; Form ; Rhythm ; Music ; Abstract sound
- Cosmic language. Voices 1,2 ; Impressions ; The magnetism of beings and objects ; The influence of works of art ; The life of thought ; The form of thought ; Memory ; Will ; Reason ; The ego ; Mind and heart ; Intuition and dream ; Inspiration
- The power of the word. The power of the word 1,2,3,4,5 ; The power of the sacred word ; The word that was lost 1,2 ; Cosmic language ; The word ; The value of repetition and reflection
- Phrases to be repeated.
- Other information
- Rev. and enl. ed. of v. 2 of The Sufi message of Hazrat Inayat Khan--Cf. pref.
- Includes index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 96022762
- OCLC: 34742484
- OCLC: 34742484