For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The works of Saint Augustine: a translation for the 21st century Book , Print in English
Eisenhower B LevelBR65.A5 E53 1990 c. 1Multiple Items
Eisenhower B LevelBR65.A5 E53 1990 c. 2Multiple Items
2. Magic and superstition in Europe: a concise history from antiquity to the present Book , Print in English2007 ."This compelling book traces the history of magic, witchcraft, and superstitious practices such as popular spells or charms from antiquity to the present day. Focusing especially on Europe in the medieval and early modern eras, Michael Bailey also explores the ancient Near East,…
BF1589.B35 2007 c. 1Available
3. The book of secrets of Albertus Magnus of the virtues of herbs, stones and certain beasts, also A book of the marvels of the world Book , Print in English , Latin1973 .
R128 .A4 1973 c. 1Available
4. Magic tales and fairy tale magic: from Ancient Egypt to the Italian Renaissance Book , Print in English2014 ."This book details magic's generally maleficent effect on human beings from ancient Egypt through the Middle Ages, including tales from classical mythology, Jewish, Christian, and Muslim cultures. Bottigheimer shows that certain magical motifs lived on from age to age, but that…
PN3437 .B68 2014 c. 1Available
5. The Cambridge companion to miracles Book , Print in English2011 ."The miracle stories of the founders and saints of the major world religions have much in common. Written by international experts, this Companion provides an authoritative and comparative study of miracles in not only Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity and Judaism, but…
BL487 .C36 2011 c. 1Available
6. The Cambridge Companion to Miracles Book , Online in English2011 .The miracle stories of the founders and saints of the major world religions have much in common. Written by international experts, this Companion provides an authoritative and comparative study of miracles in not only Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity and Judaism, but also,…
7. De senectute: De amicitia ; De divinatione Book , Online in English , Latin1923 .We know more of Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BCE), lawyer, orator, politician and philosopher, than of any other Roman. Besides much else, his work conveys the turmoil of his time, and the part he played in a period that saw the rise and fall of Julius Caesar in a tottering…
8. De senectute: De amicitia ; De divinatione Book , Print in English , Latin1923 .De senectute.-- De amicitia. -- De divinatione.
Libraries Service CenterPA6156.C5 A2 1923 c. 1Available
9. Cicero on divination: De divinatione, book 1 Book , Print in English , Latin2006 ."This is the first English commentary on Cicero's On Divination Book I that is fully accessible to the reader who knows no Latin or Greek." "David Wardle provides a new translation, an introduction and full commentary. The introduction explores Cicero's treatment of divination in…
PA6296.D1513 2006 c. 1Available
10. De senectute: De amicitia ; De divinatione Book , Print in Latin , English
11. Miracles in Greco-Roman antiquity: a sourcebook Book , Print in English1999 .
BL785.C35 1999 c. 1Available
12. Three books on life Book , Print in English1989 .
BF1680 .F5513 1989 c. 1AvailableBF1680 .F5513 1989 c. 1Available
13. Malleus maleficarum Book , Print in Latin , English2006 .v. 1. The Latin text and introduction -- v. 2. The English translation.
Eisenhower C LevelBF1569.A2 I5 2006 c. 1Multiple Items
14. Magic in the Middle Ages Book , Print in English1989 .
BF1593 .K531 1990 c. 1Available
15. The transformations of magic: illicit learned magic in the later Middle Ages and Renaissance Book , Print in English2013 ."Explores two principal genres of illicit learned magic in late Medieval manuscripts: image magic, which could be interpreted and justified in scholastic terms, and ritual magic, which could not"--Provided by publisher.
BF1593 .K56 2012 c. 1Available
16. The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe Book , Online in English2013 .Between 1450 and 1750 thousands of people â€" most of them women â€" were accused, prosecuted and executed for the crime of witchcraft. The witch-hunt was not a single event; it comprised thousands of individual prosecutions, each shaped by the religious and social dimensions…
17. The witch-hunt in early modern Europe Book , Print in English1995 .This book first appeared in 1987. It focuses on the great age of witch-hunting in Europe (and also in colonial America), between 1450 and 1750. In these years more than 100,000 people - most of them women - were prosecuted by secular and ecclesiastical courts across Europe for…
BF 1571 .L481 1995 c. 1Available
18. Augustine's City of God: a reader's guide Book , Print in English1999 ."The City of God, written in the aftermath of the Gothic sack of Rome in A.D. 410, is the most influential of Augustine's works. It played a decisive role in the formation of the culture of the Christian West. Gerard O'Daly's book is the first comprehensive modern guide to it in…
BR65.A65 O33 1999 c. 1Available
19. Compendium of theology Book , Print in English2009 ."Towards the end of his life, St. Thomas Aquinas produced a brief, non-technical work summarizing some of the main points of his massive Summa Theologiae. This 'compendium' was intended as an introductory handbook for students and scholars who might not have access to the larger…
BX1749 .T36 2009 c. 1Available
20. The power of God Book , Print in English2012 .Question 1. The power of God absolutely -- Question 2. The power in the godhead to generate -- Question 3. Creation, the first effect of divine power -- Question 4. The creation of unformed matter -- Question 5. The preservation of things in existence by God…
BT133.T52 Q34713 2012 c. 1Available
21. Spiritual and demonic magic from Ficino to Campanella Book , Print in English1958 .
BF1593 .W3 1958 c. 1AvailableBF1593 .W17 1958 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jul 2 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.BF1593 .W17 1958 c. 2Available
22. Witchcraft and magic in Europe: Ancient Greece and Rome Book , Print in English1999 .Binding spells: curse tablets and voodoo dolls in the Greek and Roman worlds -- Witches and sorcerers in classical literature -- Imagining Greek and Roman magic -- The demonisation of magic and sorcery in late antiquity: Christian redefinitions of pagan religions.
BF1567.W58 1999 c. 1Available