For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The archaeology of economic ideas: the classical Greek tradition Book, Print in English
Eisenhower D LevelPC8075 .L68 1987 c. 1Available
2. Capital: a critique of political economy Book, Print in English, German
Eisenhower B LevelHB 501.M3713 1981 c. 1Multiple Items
Eisenhower B LevelHB 501.M3713 1981 c. 2Multiple Items
3. Early economic thought: selections from economic literature prior to Adam Smith Book, Print in English1924.Aristotle : Politics: Ethics -- Xenophon : On the means of improving the revenues of the state of Athens -- St. Thomas Aquinas : Summa Theologica -- Nicole Oresme : Traictie de la premiere invention des Monnoies…
HB31.E24 2016 c. 1Available
4. Early economic thought: selections from economic literature prior to Adam Smith Book, Print in English1948.
HB31 .M75 1948 c. 1Available
5. The fable of the bees: and other writings Book, Print in English1997."Although never censored, Bernard Mandeville's anonymously published The Fable of the Bees; or Private Vices, Public Benefits came to be regarded soon after its publication in 1723 as the Enlightenment's epitome of immorality. As a naturalistic account of the mechanisms that…
BJ1520.M4 1997 c. 1Available
6. Greed, lust & gender: a history of economic ideas Book, Print in English2009.The history of Western economic ideas shows that men have given themselves more cultural permission than women for the pursuit of both economic and sexual self-interest. This book brings women's work, their sexuality, and their ideas, into the center of the dialectic between…
HB72.F635 2009 c. 1Available
7. History of economic thought: a book of readings Book, Print in English
8. An inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations Book, Print in English
10. Jealousy of trade: international competition and the nation state in historical perspective Book, Print in English2005.
HF1414.H66 2005 c. 1Available
11. Karl Marx: greatness and illusion Book, Print in English2016.
HX39.5 .S78 2016 c. 1Available
12. The legacy of scholasticism in economic thought: antecedents of choice and power Book, Print in English1998."This book studies the development of ideas on freedom, coercion, and power in the history of economic thought. It focuses on the exchange of goods and services and on terms of exchange (interest rates, prices and wages) and examines the nature of choice - that is, the state of…
HB79.L363 1998 c. 1Available
13. Marx: a very short introduction Book, Print in English2000.
B3305.M74 S57 2000 c. 1Available
14. Marx's Inferno: the political theory of Capital Book, Print in English2017.Rereading Capital -- Taenarus: the road to Hell -- Styx: the anarchy of the market -- Dis: capitalist exploitation as force contrary to nature -- Malebolge: the capitalist mode of production as fraud -- Cocytus: treachery and the necessity of expropriation…
HB501.M37 R595 2017 c. 1Available
15. Nicomachean ethics Book, Print in English1999.Nicomachean Ethics -- Book I. [Happiness] -- 1.. [Ends and Goods] -- 2.. [The Highest Good and Political Science] -- 3.. [The Method of Political Science] -- 4.. [Common Beliefs] -- 5.. [The Three Lives] -- 6.. [The Platonic Form of the Good]…
B430.A5 N5313 1999 c. 1Available
16. Of money, and other economic essays Book, Print in English1777.
B1455.A5 2016 c. 1Available
17. Reading capital: the complete edition Book, Print in English2015."A classic work of Marxist analysis, available unabridged for the first time Originally published in 1965, Reading Capital is a landmark of French thought and radical theory, which sought to reconstruct Western Marxism from its foundations. Previously only available in English in…
HB501 .A5613 2015 c. 1Available
18. Readings in economics Book, Print in English
19. Revolutionary commerce: globalization and the French monarchy Book, Print in English2010.Combining the intellectual history of the Enlightenment, Atlantic history, and the history of the French Revolution, Paul Cheney explores the political economy of globalization in 18th-century France.
HF3555.C54 2010 c. 2Available
20. Riches and poverty: an intellectual history of political economy in Britain, 1750-1834 Book, Print in English1996.1. After Adam Smith: prologue -- Pt. I. Adam Smith's Science of the Legislator. 2. An excessive solicitude for posthumous reputation. 3. The secret concatenation. 4. The wisdom of Solon…
HB 103 .A2 W56 1996 c. 1Available
21. Security, territory, population: lectures at the Collège de France, 1977-78 Book, Print in English2007."Marking a major development in Foucault's thinking, this book derives from the lecture course which he gave at the College de France between January and April, 1978. Taking as his starting point the notion of "bio-power," introduced both in his 1976 course Society Must be…
JC131.F68 2007 c. 1Request at ILSThis item is unavailable. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
22. Selected essays Book, Print in English1993.note: Of Essay Writing -- Of the Middle Station of Life -- Of the Delicacy of Taste and Passion -- That Politics may be Reduced to a Science -- Of the First Principles of Government -- Of the Origin of Government -- Of the Parties of Great Britain…
B1455.C65 1993 c. 1Available
23. The theory of moral sentiments Book, Print in English2009.Of the propriety of action -- Of merit and demerit, or, Of the objects of reward and punishment -- Of the foundation of our judgments concerning our own sentiments and conduct, and of the sense of duty -- Of the effect of utility upon the sentiment of approbation…
BJ1005.S6 2009 c. 1Available
24. Translating empire: emulation and the origins of political economy Book, Print in English2011.1. Emulation and Translation -- 2. Cary's Essay on the State of England -- 3. Butel-Dumont's Essai sur l'Etat du Commerce d'Angleterre -- 4. Genovesi's Storia del commercio della Gran Brettagna -- 5. Wichmann's Okonomisch-politischer Commentarius.
HB83 .R45 2011 c. 1Available
25. Wealth and virtue: the shaping of political economy in the Scottish enlightenment Book, Print in English