For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Conflicts and conspiracies: Brazil and Portugal, 1750-1808 Book, Print in English
F2534 .M29 1973 c. 1Available
2. The Devil and the land of the holy cross: witchcraft, slavery, and popular religion in colonial Brazil Book, Print in English
Eisenhower C LevelBF1584.B7 S6813 2003 c. 1Missing (MSEL)Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.BF1584.B7 S6813 2003 c. 2Available
3. Fordlandia: the rise and fall of Henry Ford's forgotten jungle city Book, Print in English2009.The stunning, never-before-told story of the quixotic attempt to recreate small-town America in the heart of the Amazon, "Fordlandia" depicts a desperate quest to salvage the bygone America that the Ford factory system did much to dispatch.
F2651.F55 G72 2009 c. 1Available
4. Hotel Trópico: Brazil and the challenge of African decolonization, 1950-1980 Book, Print in English2010.Brazil in the Lusotropical world -- Africa and the independent foreign policy -- "The lovers of the African race" : Brazilian diplomats in Nigeria -- War in Angola, crisis in Brazil -- Latinité or fraternité? Senegal, Portugal, and the Brazilian military regime…
F2523.5.A4 D38 2010 c. 1Available
5. In search of the Amazon: Brazil, the United States, and the nature of a region Book, Print in English2013.Border and progress : the Amazon and the estado novo -- "The quicksands of untrustworthy supply" : U.S. rubber dependency and the lure of the Amazon -- Rubber's "soldiers" : reinventing the Amazonian worker…
HC188.A485.G37 2013 c. 1Available
6. Making samba: a new history of race and music in Brazil Book, Print in English2013.In November 1916, a young Afro-Brazilian musician named Donga registered sheet music for the song "Pelo telefone" ("On the Telephone") at the National Library in Rio de Janeiro. This apparently simple act - claiming ownership of a musical composition - set in motion a series of…
ML3487.B7 H478 2013 c. 1Available
7. A poverty of rights: citizenship and inequality in twentieth-century Rio de Janeiro Book, Print in English2008.A Poverty of Rights is an investigation of the knotty ties between citizenship and inequality during the years when the legal and institutional bases for modern Brazilian citizenship originated. Between 1930 and 1964, Brazilian law dramatically extended its range and power, and…
HC189.R4 F57 2008 c. 1Available
8. Slave rebellion in Brazil: the Muslim uprising of 1835 in Bahia Book, Print in English1993.
HT 1129 .S24 R45113 1993 c. 1Available
9. Sugar plantations in the formation of Brazilian society: Bahaia, 1550-1835 Book, Print in English1985.
HD9114.B7 B3471 1985 c. 1Available
10. Vassouras: a Brazilian coffee county, 1850-1900 Book, Print in English1957.
D6 .H3 v.69 c. 1Available
11. With broadax and firebrand: the destruction of the Brazilian Atlantic forest Book, Print in English1995.Foreword / Stuart B. Schwartz -- 1. The Forest Evolves -- 2. Humans Invade: The First Wave -- 3. Humans Invade: The Second Wave -- 4. Estrangement: Depopulation and the Regrown Forest -- 5. Gold and Diamonds, Ants and Cattle -- 6. Science Discovers the Forest…
SD 418.3 .B6 D431 1995 c. 1Available