For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. 1984 Book, Online in Spanish
2. 1984 Video/Film, DVD in English
PN1997.N5548 2004 c. 1Available
3. Amusing ourselves to death: public discourse in the age of show business Book, Print in English
Libraries Service CenterP94.P63 1986 c. 1AvailableP94.P63 1986 c. 1Available
4. The Begum's fortune Book, Print in English
5. The Begum's millions Book, Online in English2005."When two European scientists unexpectedly inherit an Indian rajah's fortune, each builds an experimental city of his dreams in the wilds of the American Northwest. France-Ville is a harmonious urban community devoted to health and hygiene, the specialty of its French founder,…
6. Brave new world: and, Brave new world revisited Book, Print in English2004.The astonishing novel Brave New World, originally published in 1932, presents Aldous Huxley's vision of the future-of a world utterly transformed. Through the most efficient scientific and psychological engineering, people are genetically designed to be passive and therefore…
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPR6015.U9 B65 2004 c. 3Checked outChecked out, Due: Jan 30 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.PR6015.U9 B65 2004 c. 2Available
7. The curious republic of Gondour, and other whimsical sketches Book, Print in English
8. Erewhon Book, Print in English
9. Erewhon: or, Over the range Book, Print in English
10. Erewhon, o, Over the range Book, Online in English1995.In the strange country of Erewhon, sick people are imprisoned while criminals are treated for sickness. Machines are are considered too dangerous to use. This subtle satire of Victorian society is still as thought-provoking and entertaining as when it was first…
11. Garden cities of to-morrow Book, Print in English1965.
HT161 .H7 1965 c. 1Available
12. The handmaid's tale Video/Film, Blu-ray, DVD in English2017.In the not-so-distant future, strong-willed and beautiful Kate possesses a precious commodity that most women have lost and most men want to control: fertility. Forced into a brain-washing boot camp that turns fertile women into surrogate mothers for social-elite men and their…
PN1997 .H363 2017 c. 1Available
13. The handmaid's tale Book, Print in English1987.Set in the near future, America has become a puritanical theocracy and Offred tells her story as a Handmaid under the new social order.
PR9199.3.A8 H3 1987 c. 1Available
14. It can't happen here: a novel Book, Print in English
15. Looking backward, 2000-1887 Book, Print in English
16. Looking backward, 2000-1887 Book, Print in English1888.
PQ1086 .L86 1967 c. 2Available
17. A modern Utopia Book, Print in English
18. Nineteen eighty-four: a novel Book, Print in English1949.Portrays a terrifying vision of life in the future when a totalitarian government, considered a "Negative Utopia," watches over all citizens and directs all activities, becoming more powerful as time goes by.
PR6029.R8 N647 2003 c. 1Available
19. The plot against America Book, Print in English2004.When the renowned aviation hero and rabid isolationist Charles A. Lindbergh defeated Franklin Roosevelt by a landslide in the 1940 presidential election, fear invaded every Jewish household in America. Not only had Lindbergh, in a nationwide radio address, publicly blamed the…
PS3568.O855 P58 2004 c. 1Available
20. Swastika Night Book, Online in English2011.Published in 1937, twelve years before Orwell's 1984, this novel projects a totally male-controlled fascist world that has eliminated women as we know them. They are breeders, kept as cattle, while men in this post-Hitlerian world are embittered automatons, fearful of all…
21. Swastika night Book, Print in English1937.
PO 6003 .B8885 S8 1985 c. 1AvailablePO 6003 .B8885 S8 1985 c. 2Available
22. The Truman show Video/Film, DVD in English, French2005.An insurance salesman, Truman Burbank, "is about to discover just how abnormal his seemingly 'normal' life is. What he doesn't realize -- just yet -- is that his whole life is a reality TV show, televised and broadcast for the world to see!" -- Container.
PN1997.2.T786 2005 c. 1Available
23. Walden Two Book, Print in English1976.
HX811 1976 .S62 c. 1AvailableHX811 1976 .S62 c. 2Available