For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Economies of abandonment: social belonging and endurance in late liberalism Book, Print in English
Eisenhower Location to be AssignedOn OrderUse the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower B LevelJC574.P684 2011 c. 1Lost Recall
2. Economies of abandonment: social belonging and endurance in late liberalism Book, Online in English2011.This volume explores how contemporary governments, particularly in settler nations such as Australia and the United States, deflect social responsibility for the crushing harms experienced by communities living at the margins.
3. Life and words: violence and the descent into the ordinary Book, Print in English2007.Introduction -- The event and the everyday -- The figure of the abducted woman : the citizen as sexed -- Language and body : transactions and the construction of pain -- The act of witnessing : violence, gender, and subjectivity -- Boundaries, violence, and the work of time…
GN635.I4 D2662 2007 c. 1Available
4. Living and dying in the contemporary world: a compendium Book, Print in English2015."This book comprises forty-four chapters by scholars whose ethnographic and historical work is conducted around the globe, including South Asia, East Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States. Bringing together the work of established scholars…
HN18.3.L59 2016 c. 1Checked out
5. Multitude: war and democracy in the Age of Empire Book, Print in English2004.
Eisenhower Location to be AssignedOn OrderUse the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.JC423.H364 2004 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Oct 31 2017 10:17 AMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.SAIS Main StacksJC423 .H36 2004RecallChecked out, Due: Sep 19 2017Use the request button to be added to the waiting list for this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
6. No place for grief: martyrs, prisoners, and mourning in contemporary Palestine Book, Online in English
7. No place for grief: martyrs, prisoners, and mourning in contemporary Palestine Book, Print in English2016.Introduction -- The grammar of suffering in occupied Palestine -- Domestic uncanniness -- Enduring presents -- On hardship and closeness -- Solitude in marriage -- Enuduring the ordinary -- Conclusion.
HQ1728.5.B83 2016 c. 1Checked out
8. On the game: women and sex work Book, Print in English2007.Introduction : public women -- 1. London clinic : anthropology and health -- public clinic : notes, staff and patients -- Sex workers and the clinic -- Handling time -- 2. Simply work -- Separating the world into two parts -- Ideologies and counter-ideologies of the person…
HQ118.D39 2007 c. 1Available
9. Precarious life: the powers of mourning and violence Book, Print in English2004.
HV6432.B88 2004 c. 1Checked out
10. The problem with work: feminism, Marxism, antiwork politics, and postwork imaginaries Book, Print in English2011.In The Problem with Work, Kathi Weeks boldly challenges the presupposition that work, or waged labor, is inherently a social and political good. While progressive political movements, including the Marxist and feminist movements, have fought for equal pay, better work conditions,…
HD4904.W37 2011 c. 1Checked out
11. The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics, and Postwork Imaginaries Book, Online in English2011.The Problem with Work develops a Marxist feminist critique of the structures and ethics of work, as well as a perspective for imagining a life no longer subordinated to them.