For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Are prisons obsolete? Book , Print in English
HV9471 .D375 2003 c. 1Available
2. Black skin, white masks Book , Print in English
GN645.F313 1968 c. 1AvailableSAIS Main StacksGN645 .F313Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 14 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
3. Critique of Black reason Book , Print in English2017 .Eminent critic Achille Mbembe offers a capacious genealogy of the category of Blackness-from the Atlantic slave trade to the present-to critically reevaluate history, racism, and the future of humanity. Mbembe teases out the intellectual consequences of the reality that Europe is…
HT1581 .M3313 2017 c. 1Available
4. Get out Video/Film , DVD in English2017 .A young black man meets his white girlfriend's parents at their estate, only to find out that the situation is much more sinister than it appears.
PN1997.2 .G48 2017 c. 1Available
5. Is racism an environmental threat? Book , Print in English2017 ."The ecological crisis is the most overwhelming to have ever faced humanity and its consequences permeate every domain of life. This trenchant book examines its relation to Islamophobia as the dominant form of racism today, showing how both share roots in domination, colonialism…
HT1521 .H237 2017 c. 1Checked out
6. Is science racist? Book , Print in English2017 ."Every arena of science has its own set of ethical issues ? chemistry and poison gas, physics and the atom bomb ? and genetics has had a troubled history with race. As Jonathan Marks reveals, this dangerous relationship rumbles on to this day, still leaving plenty of leeway for a…
H61 .M239 2017 c. 1Checked out
7. The new Jim Crow: mass incarceration in the age of colorblindness Book , Print in English2012 .Law professor Alexander argues that the War on Drugs and policies that deny convicted felons equal access to employment, housing, education, and public benefits create a permanent under caste based largely on race. As the United States celebrates the nation's "triumph over race"…
HV9950.A437 2012 c. 1RecallChecked out, Due: Jan 27 2018Use the request button to be added to the waiting list for this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.HV9950.A437 2012 c. 2In Process
8. The new Jim Crow: mass incarceration in the age of colorblindness Book , Print in English2010 .As the United States celebrates the nation's "triumph over race" with the election of Barack Obama, the majority of young black men in major American cities are locked behind bars or have been labeled felons for life. Although Jim Crow laws have been wiped off the books, an…
HV9950.A437 2010 c. 1Recall
9. The new Jim Crow: mass incarceration in the age of colorblindness Book , Online in English
10. Race and racism Book , Print in English1983 .Race: Racism: the ism of the modern world -- Race: what it is not -- Man's efforts to classify himself -- Migration and the mingling of peoples -- What is heredity? -- Who is superior? -- Racism: A natural history of racism -- Why then race prejudice?
HT1521 .B4 1983 c. 1Available