For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The evolution of modern states: Sweden, Japan, and the United States Book , Print in English
JC131 .S84 2010 c. 1Available
2. The Evolution of Modern States: Sweden, Japan, and the United States Book , Online in English
3. Fighting poverty in the US and Europe: a world of difference Book , Online in English2004 .The authors describe just how different Europe and America are in the level of State engagement in the redistribution of income. They discuss possible economic and sociological explanations for the difference, including attitudes to the poor, notions of social responsibility, and…
4. From the ballot to the blackboard: the redistributive political economy of education Book , Print in English2010 .1. The redistributive political economy of education -- 2. The expansion of education to the masses : theory and data -- 3. The expansion of education : historical evidence -- 4. The partisan politics of education -- 5. High politics in higher education -- 6. Conclusion.
LB2824 .A58 2010 c. 1Available
5. Growing public: social spending and economic growth since the eighteenth century Book , Print in English2004 .v. 1. The story -- v. 2. Further Evidence.
SAIS Main StacksHJ2005 .L56 2004Multiple Items
- Some volumes may be in Reserve.
Eisenhower B LevelHJ2005.L565 2004 c. 1Multiple Items
- v. 1-2
6. Handbook of income distribution Book , Online in English2000 .Distributional issues may not have always been among the main concerns of the economic profession. Today, in the beginning of the 2000s, the position is different. During the last quarter of a century, economic growth proved to be unsteady and rather slow on average. The…
7. Happiness and social policy in Europe Book , Print in English2010 .1. Introduction / Bent Greve -- 2. Life satisfaction and happiness in the Czech Republic / Tomáš Sirovátka and Steven Saxonberg -- 3. Happiness and the welfare state in Slovakia / Miroslav Beblavý -- 4. Happiness in a small country: Luxembourg / Carlo Klein…
HN373.5 .H37 2010Available
8. The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics Book , Online in English2018 .Now in its third edition, this award-winning publication contains entries written by the world́s most influential economists, including 36 Nobel Laureates. In addition to classic and foundational articles of enduring importance, the latest edition of The New Palgrave Dictionary…
9. The Oxford handbook of economic inequality Book , Online in English
10. Pillars of prosperity: the political economics of development clusters Book , Print in English2011 ."Little else is required to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism, but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice; all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things." So wrote Adam Smith a quarter of a…
HD87 .B475 2011Available
11. Pillars of prosperity: the political economics of development clusters Book , Online in English2011 ."Little else is required to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism, but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice; all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things." So wrote Adam Smith a quarter of a…
12. Polarized America: the dance of ideology and unequal riches Book , Print in English2016 .1. The choreography of American politics -- 2. Polarized politicians -- 3. Income polarization and the electorate -- 4. Immigration, income, and the voters' incentive to redistribute -- 5. Campaign finance and polarization / with Adam Bonica -- 6. Polarization and public policy…
HN90 .S6 M37 2016Available
13. Promises I can keep: why poor women put motherhood before marriage Book , Print in English2011 .Millie Acevedo bore her first child before the age of 16 and dropped out of high school to care for her newborn. Now 27, she is the unmarried mother of three and is raising her kids in one of Philadelphia's poorest neighborhoods. Would she and her children be better off if she…
HQ759.45 .E34 2011Available
14. Promises I can keep: why poor women put motherhood before marriage ; with a new preface Book , Online in English2011 .Millie Acevedo bore her first child before the age of 16 and dropped out of high school to care for her newborn. Now 27, she is the unmarried mother of three and is raising her kids in one of Philadelphia's poorest neighborhoods. Would she and her children be better off if she…
15. Racism, xenophobia, and distribution: multi-issue politics in advanced democracies Book , Print in English2007 ."From the Republican Party's "southern strategy" in the United States to the rise of Le Pen's Front National in France, conservative politicians in the last thirty years have capitalized on voters' resentment of ethnic minorities to win votes and undermine government aid to the…
HB523.R623 2007 c. 1Available
16. Taxation and state-building in developing countries: capacity and consent Book , Print in English2008 ."There is a widespread concern that, in some parts of the world, governments are unable to exercise effective authority. When governments fail, more sinister forces thrive: warlords, arms smugglers, narcotics enterprises, kidnap gangs, terrorist networks, armed militias. Why do…
HJ2351.7.T39 2008 c. 1AvailableHJ2351.7.T39 2008 c. 2Available
17. Unequal democracy: the political economy of the new gilded age Book , Print in English2008 ."Unequal Democracy debunks many myths about politics in contemporary America, using the widening gap between the rich and the poor to shed disturbing light on the workings of American democracy. Larry Bartels shows that increasing inequality is not simply the result of economic…
HC106.5.B347 2008 c. 1AvailableHC106.5.B347 2008 c. 2Available
18. Worlds Apart: Measuring International and Global Inequality Book , Online in English2008 .We are used to thinking about inequality within countries--about rich Americans versus poor Americans, for instance. But what about inequality between all citizens of the world? Worlds Apart addresses just how to measure global inequality among individuals, and shows that…
19. Worlds apart: measuring international and global inequality Book , Print in English2005 .
HC79.I5 M55 2005 c. 1Checked out