For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. City women: money, sex, and the social order in early modern London Book , Print in English
HQ1600.L6 H83 2014 c. 1Checked out
2. City women: money, sex, and the social order in early modern London Book , Online in English
3. Common bodies: women, touch, and power in seventeenth-century England Book , Print in English
HQ1599.E5 G69 2003 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: May 14 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.HQ1599.E5 G69 2003 c.1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jul 1 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
4. Crime, gender and social order in early modern England Book , Print in English2003 .
HV6046.W26 2003 c. 1Available
5. Domestic dangers: women, words, and sex in early modern London Book , Print in English1996 .1. Gender, Household, and City -- 2. Women in Court -- 3. The Language of Insult -- 4. Words, Honour, and Reputation -- 5. The Economy of Courtship -- 6. Domestic Disorders: Adultery and Violence -- 7. Narratives of Litigation -- 8. Conclusion.
HQ 18 .G7 G64 1996 c. 1Checked out
6. Female alliances: gender, identity, and friendship in early modern Britain Book , Print in English2014 ."In the late seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries, cultural, economic, and political changes, as well as increased geographic mobility, placed strains upon British society. But by cultivating friendships and alliances, women worked to socially cohere Britain and its…
Eisenhower C LevelBF575.F66 H47 2014 c. 1Available
7. Gender and the English revolution Book , Print in English2012 ."In this fascinating and unique study, Ann Hughes examines how the experience of civil war in seventeenth-century England affected the roles of women and men in politics and society; and how conventional concepts of masculinity and femininity were called into question by the war…
HQ1593.H84 2012 c. 1Available
8. A house in gross disorder: sex, law, and the 2nd Earl of Castlehaven Book , Online in English1999 .This work offers an interpretation of the case of the second Earl of Castlehaven, who was convicted of abetting the rape of his wife and of committing sodomy with his servants. He also stood accused of inverting the natural order of his household.
9. London lives: poverty, crime and the making of a modern city, 1690-1800 Book , Online in English2015 .London Lives is a fascinating new study which exposes, for the first time, the lesser-known experiences of eighteenth-century thieves, paupers, prostitutes and highwaymen. It charts the experiences of hundreds of thousands of Londoners who found themselves submerged in poverty or…
10. Making sex: body and gender from the Greeks to Freud Book , Print in English1990 .
HQ1075 .L371 1990 c. 1Request at ILSThis item is unavailable. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.HQ1075 .L37 1990 c. 2AvailableHQ1075 .L37 1990 c. INST1Available
11. Making sex: body and gender from the Greeks to Freud Book , Manuscript/Archive , Online in English
12. Meanings of manhood in early modern England Book , Online in English
13. Meanings of manhood in early modern England Book , Print in English2003 .The constant age -- The imagined body of 'man's estate' -- Models of manhood -- Youthful excess and fraternal bonding -- The violence of manhood -- Respectability, sex and status -- Credit, provision, and worth -- The 'ancienter sort'…
HQ1090.7.G7 S54 2003 c. 1Checked out
14. The middling sort: commerce, gender, and the family in England, 1680-1780 Book , Print in English1996 .Introduction: The Middling Sort -- 1. Capital, Credit, and the Family -- 2. A Generation of Vipers: Prudential Virtue and the Sons of Trade -- 3. To Read, Knit, and Spin: Middling Daughters and the Family Economy…
HT 690 .G7 H85 1996 c. 1Checked out
15. Never married: singlewomen in early modern England Book , Print in English2005 ."This book is both a social-economic study of singlewomen and a cultural study of the meanings of singleness in early modern England. It focuses on never-married women in England's provincial towns, and on singlewomen from a broad social spectrum. Covering the entire early modern…
HQ800.4.G72 E544 2005 c. 1Checked out
16. Never married: singlewomen in early modern England Book , Online in English2005 .A book of original research on the women who never married in early modern England, this text looks at how singlewomen's lives differed from those of wives and widows, at the social relationships of women without husbands, and at how these women supported themselves.
17. On the parish?: the micro-politics of poor relief in rural England c. 1550-1750 Book , Print in English2004 ."On the Parish? is a study of the negotiations which took place over the allocation of poor relief in the rural communities of sixteenth, seventeenth, and early eighteenth-century England. It analyses the relationships between the enduring systems of informal support through…
HV245.H56 2004 c. 1Available
18. On the parish?: the micro-politics of poor relief in rural England c.1550-1750 Book , Online in English2004 .'On The Parish?' is a study of the experience of poor relief in the rural parishes of early modern England. It explores the relationship of paupers not only to the parish officers who administered the Elizabethan poor laws but also to their kinfolk and neighbours who continued to…
19. Parents of poor children in England 1580-1800 Book , Online in English2010 .A study of the mothers and fathers of poor children in early modern England, drawing upon a wide range of archival material, including quarter session records, petitions for assistance, applications for places in the London Foundling Hospital, and evidence from criminal trials in…
20. Parents of poor children in England 1580-1800 Book , Print in English2010 .A study of the mothers and fathers of poor children in early modern England, drawing upon a wide range of archival material, including quarter session records, petitions for assistance, applications for places in the London Foundling Hospital, and evidence from criminal trials in…
HC260.P6 C73 2010 c. 1Available
21. A Pepysian garland: black-letter broadside ballads of the years 1595-1639 Book , Print in English1922 .
Libraries Service CenterPO1181.R75 P4 c. 1Available
22. Racial formation in the United States: from the 1960s to the 1980s Book , Print in English1986 .
E184.A1 O46 1986 c. 1Request at ILS
23. Silent partners: women as public investors during Britain's financial revolution, 1690-1750 Book , Print in English2017 .Introduction: women as public investors in England -- Playing the lottery for marriage and profit -- Early adopters: women investors in the early years of the financial revolution -- Women as investors for their families -- Unmarried women investing for "retirement"…
HC254.5 .F76 2017 c. 1Checked out
24. Vernacular bodies: the politics of reproduction in early modern England Book , Print in English2004 .Making babies was a mysterious process in 17th-century England. Fissell uses popular sources to recover how ordinary men and women understood the process of reproduction. Because the human body was often used as a metaphor for social relations, the events of high politics…
GT2465.G7 F57 2004 c. 1AvailableGT2465.G7 F57 2004 c. 1Available
25. Women's worlds in seventeenth-century England Book , Print in English2000 .1. Bodies -- 2. Religion, Beliefs, Spirituality -- 3. Work -- 4. Poverty and Property -- 5. Sexual Experiences -- 6. Marriage -- 7. Maternity -- 8. Relationships -- 9. Politics and Protests -- 10. Mental Worlds.
HQ1599.E5 W73 2000 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 14 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.HQ1599.E5 W73 2000 c. 1Available
26. Women, work and sociability in early modern London Book , Print in English2014 .This is the first work to explore how women from the middling sorts and the labouring poor fashioned identities as honest individuals of good repute. Using depositions, interrogations and trial reports from the London church courts, the Bridewell hospital and the Old Bailey,…
HQ1600.L6 R45 2014 c. 1Available