For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Behemoth Video/Film , DVD in Chinese
TN800 .Z43 2015 c. 1Available
2. The blood of Yingzhou District Video/Film , DVD in Chinese
RC606.6 .B566 2007 c. 1Available
3. The blood of Yingzhou District Video/Film , DVD in Chinese
RJ387.A25 B56 2007 c. 1Available
4. Chinese documentaries: from dogma to polyphony Book , Print in English
PN1995.9.D6 C48 2007 c. 1Available
5. Contagion Video/Film , DVD in English , French , Spanish
PN1997.2.C6687 2011 c. 1Available
6. Discourses of disease: writing illness, the mind and the body in modern China Book , Print in English2016 .The meanings of disease have undergone such drastic changes with the introduction of modern Western medicine into China during the last two hundred years that new discourses have been invented to theorize illness, redefine health, and reconstruct classes and genders. As a…
RA418 .D559 2016 c. 1Available
7. The drop box Video/Film , DVD in Korean2015 .One frigid winter, a pastor finds an abandoned infant on his church steps and builds a heated hatch to rescue any others. The Drop Box documentary tells the true story of South Korean pastor Lee Jong-rak and his heroic efforts to embrace and protect abandoned children. It is a…
HV887.K6 D76 2015 c. 1Available
8. East Asian cinema and cultural heritage: from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan to Japan and South Korea Book , Print in English2011 ."How do East Asian cultural heritages in shape film? How are these legacies being revived, or even re-created, by contemporary filmmakers? This collection examines the dynamic interactions between East Asian culture heritages - "traditional" elements including martial arts,…
PN1993.5.E19 E25 2011 c. 1Available
9. East Asian cinemas: regional flows and global transformations Book , Print in English2011 ."This book is an original volume of essays that sheds new and critical light on current and emerging filmmaking trends and practices in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. A timely and important contribution to existing scholarship in the field"--
PN1993.5.E19 E275 2011 c. 1Available
10. East Asian film stars Book , Print in English2014 .East Asian Film Stars brings together some of the world's leading cinema scholars to offer their insights into the work of regional and transnational screen legends, contemporary superstars and mysterious cult personas. This collection of original essays explores some of the most…
PN1993.5.E19 E28 2014 c. 1Available
11. Memory, subjectivity and independent Chinese cinema Book , Print in English2014 .Provides a historically informed examination of independent moving image works made between 1990 and 2010 in China. Showcasing an evolving personal mode of narrating memory, documenting reality, and inscribing subjectivity in over sixteen selected works that range from narrative…
PN1993.5.C4 W265 2014 c. 1Available
12. Minamata: kanja-san to sono sekai = Minamata : the victims and their world Video/Film , DVD in Japanese1971 .
Documentary film on toxic pollution in Minamata, Japan caused by the fertilizer company Chisso, which was responsible for releasing mercury-polluted industrial waste water into Minamata Bay and out to the Sea of Shiranu -- a happening that would eventually develop into the worst…
- 水俣:患者さんとその世界 = Minamata : the victims and their world
RA1231.M5 M56 2011 c. 1Available
13. Mother Video/Film , DVD in Korean2009 .A peaceful community is rocked by the horrific discovery of a murdered schoolgirl dangling over the ledge of a building. Local detectives, anxious to finger someone for the crime, unjustly convict a mentally challenged man. But in the mind of his fiercely protective mother, this…
PN1997.2 .M68 2010 c. 1Available
14. Sick around the world Video/Film , DVD in English2008 ."Four in five Americans say the U.S. health-care system needs "fundamental" change. Can the U.S. learn anything from the rest of the world about how to run a healthcare system, or are these nations so culturally different from us that their solutions would simply not be…
RA393.S53 2008 c. 2Available
15. Souls of Zen: Buddhism, ancestors, and the 2011 Tsunami in Japan Video/Film , DVD in English , Japanese2012 ."Follows Buddhist priests through the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that killed nearly 20,000 people in Japan in March 2011"--Insert.
BQ676.S68 2012 c. 1Available
16. Sweet bean Video/Film , DVD in Japanese2015 .Baker Sentaro's business enjoys new success when his new 76-year-old assistant Tokue shares her recipe for the sweet red bean paste used in the bakery's dorayaki pancakes, but another of Tokue's secrets may bring their happy work life to an early end.
PN1997.2 .S944 2016 c. 1Available
17. Tsunami & the cherry blossom Video/Film , DVD in Japanese2011 .This short documentary explores the aftermath of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in Japan, and the cultural significance of Japan's famous sakura, or cherry blossoms. On March 11, 2011, residents watch in horror as a town is swept away in an enormous wave as people run to…
QE537.2.J3 T78 2011 c. 1Available
18. Tui na: Blind massage Video/Film , DVD in Chinese2015 .
- 推拿:Blind massage
PN1997.2 .B556 2015 c. 1Available
19. The warriors of Qiugang Video/Film , DVD in Chinese2010 .Villagers in a remote district of central China take on a chemical company that is poisoning their water and air. For five years they fight to transform their environment and as they do, they find themselves transformed as well.
TD178.4.C6W37 2010 c. 2Available
20. Xue chan Video/Film , DVD in Chinese2009 .
In China, a poor couple buy a young girl of eleven, Xiao Ezi (Little Moth), so that she can beg in the streets for them. The child has lost the use of her legs due to illness, for which her "adoptive mother," against her husband's wishes, gives her herbal remedies. One day they…
PN1997.2 .L588 2009 c. 1Available