For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The best job in politics: exploring how governors succeed as policy leaders Book , Print in English
JK2447.R67 2013 c. 1Available
2. The Book of the States Journal/Newspaper , Print in English
Eisenhower A Level General Reference, Non-CirculatingJK 2403.B72 c. 1Multiple Items
George Peabody Library, Non-Circ353.905 B724 c. 1Multiple Items
Libraries Service CenterJK 2403.B72 c. 1Multiple Items
- Supplement II(1959:July)
- Digital copies of most articles and selections are available through the Libraries Service Center at email@example.com.
- v.7:suppl.1 (1949:Jan.)-v.7:suppl.2 (1949:July)
- v.8:suppl.1 (1951:Jan.)-v.8:suppl.2 (1951:July)
- v.9:suppl.1 (1953:Jan.)-v.9:suppl.2 (1953:July)
- v.10:suppl. (1955:Jan.)
- v.11:suppl. (1957:Jan.)
- v.12:suppl.1 (1959:Jan.)-v.12:suppl.2 (1959:July)
3. Corruption and reform: lessons from America's economic history Book , Print , Conference in English2006 .Corruption and reform : introduction / Edward L. Glaeser and Claudia Goldin -- The concept of systematic corruption in American history / John Joseph Wallis -- Limiting the reach of the grabbing hand : graft and growth in American cities, 1880 to 1930 / Rebecca Menes…
HV6783.C784 2006 c. 1Available
4. Democratic delusions: the initiative process in America Book , Print in English2002 .A tale of two initiatives -- The initiative revolution -- The business of signatures -- In the name of the people -- Majority rules -- The initiative goes to court -- The myth of a golden age.
JF494.E45 2002 c. 1Available
5. Engines of democracy: politics and policymaking in state legislatures Book , Print in English2009 ."Rosenthal brings together a lifetime of research and experience on state legislative politics into one eminently readable volume--a dynamic, inside view of the people involved, the politics that prevail, and the interest groups and lobbyists who advocate their causes. Building…
JK2488.R665 2009 c. 1Available
6. The evolution of American legislatures: colonies, territories, and states, 1619-2009 Book , Print in English2014 ."Peverill Squire draws upon a wealth of primary sources to document both continuity and change in the institutional development of American legislatures. Beginning with the first colonial assemblies, which followed the precedents of British institutions, Squire traces the…
JF501.S68 2014 c. 1Available
7. The executive branch of state government: people, process, and politics Book , Print in English2006 .Presents a historical overview and a discussion of the roles, functions, and powers of governors and the role of the executive branch in state politics.
JK2446.5.E94 2006 c. 1Available
8. Federalism, the Supreme Court, and the Seventeenth Amendment : the irony of constitutional democracy Book , Print in English2001 .
KF4600.R67 2001 c. 1Available
9. Imperfect union: representation and taxation in multilevel governments Book , Print in English2009 .1. Introduction: American Politics in 3D -- 2. What's Special about Special-Purpose Governments? -- 3. Political Theory of Special-Purpose Government -- 4. Piling On: The Problem of Concurrent Taxation -- 5. Specialization and Quality -- 6. Governing the Fiscal Commons…
JS425 .B47 2009 c. 1Available
10. Judicial elections in the 21st century Book , Print in English2017 ."Starting with recent transformations in the electoral landscape, including those brought about by U.S. Supreme Court rulings, this volume provides...analyses of partisan, nonpartisan, and retention elections to state supreme courts, intermediate appellate courts, and trial…
KF8776.J834 2017 c. 1Available
11. Paying the toll: local power, regional politics, and the Golden Gate Bridge Book , Print in English2009 .1. Bridge to Prosperity -- 2. District Divided -- 3. District and Its Enemies -- 4. Defeat of the Golden Gate Authority -- 5. Rapid Transit Versus the Golden Gate Bridge -- 6. James Adam, Boss of the Golden Gate Bridge -- 7. Regionalism, Transportation, and Perpetual Tolls…
Eisenhower C LevelTG25.S225 D93 2009 c. 1Available
12. Political parties and elections in American states Book , Print in English2001 .This text explains how and why parties vary from state to state in how they operate and compete. The authors examine, among other topics, differences in political cultures, levels of two-party competition, and the rules and practices that affect party nominations and other…
JK2261.J48 2001 c. 1Available
13. Politics in the American states: a comparative analysis Book , Print in English2018 .Politics in the American States, Eleventh Edition, brings together the high-caliber research you expect from this trusted text, with comprehensive and comparative analysis of the 50 states. Fully updated for all major developments in the study of state-level politics, including…
JK2408.P64 2018 c. 1Available
14. Public opinion in state politics Book , Print in English2006 .Introduction: studying public opinion in the American states / Jeffrey E. Cohen -- Does familiarity breed contempt? examining the correlates of state-level confidence in the federal government / Paul Brace and Martin Johnson…
JK2408.P83 2006 c. 1Available
15. State and local government Book , Print in English2017 .note: 1. State and Local Governments: New Directions -- Studying State and Local Governments in the Twenty-First Century -- Capacity of States and Localities -- People: Designers and Consumers of Government -- Linking Capacity to Results -- Chapter Recap…
JK2408.B684 2017 c. 1Available
16. State legislatures today: politics under the domes Book , Print in English2015 .A concise and provocative introduction to state legislative politics, State Legislatures Today examines legislatures and lawmakers, placing them in historical context, showing how they have evolved over the years, and differentiating them from Congress. This books covers state…
JK2488.S695 2015 c. 1Available
17. The third house: lobbyists and lobbying in the states Book , Print in English2001 .
JK1118.R676 2001 c. 1Available
18. Understanding state constitutions Book , Print in English1998 ."For many Americans, the word "constitution" means just one thing: the national Constitution. According to a recent survey, almost half do not know that individual states also have constitutions. G. Alan Tarr seeks to change that in this landmark book. A leading authority on…
KF4550.Z95 T37 1998 c. 1Available
19. What the Anti-Federalists were for Book , Print in English1981 .
JK116 .S81 1981 c. 1AvailableJK116 .S81 1981 c. 2Checked out