For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. 2001: a space odyssey Video/Film , DVD in English
PN1997.T96 2001 c. 1AvailablePN1997.T96 2001 c. 2Checked out
2. Artificial knowing: gender and the thinking machine Book , Print in English1998 ."In Artificial Knowing, Alison Adam boldly challenges the Artificial Intelligence (AI) view of the world which prescribes the masculine as the norm and excludes other knowers and knowledge, specifically women. Adam fills a large gap in science and technology studies by showing us…
Eisenhower B LevelHQ1233.A33 1998 c. 1Available
3. Blade runner Video/Film , DVD in English , French1982 .Los Angeles, 2019: Rick Deckard of the LAPD's Blade Runner unit prowls the steel & microchip jungle of the 21st century. His job is to track down and eliminate assumed humanoids known as 'replicants.' Replicants were declared illegal after a bloody mutiny on an Off-World Colony,…
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.S26 B53 2007 c. 1Multiple Items
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.S26 B53 2007 c. 2Multiple Items
- disc 1-4 in two containers
4. Cybernetics: or, control and communication in the animal and the machine Book , Print in English1948 .
Libraries Service CenterTJ 153.5 .W64 1948 c. 1Available
5. The cyborg handbook Book , Print in English1995 .Foreword : Cyborgs and Symbionts: Living Together in the New World Order / Donna J. Haraway -- Introduction: Cyborgology: Constructing the Knowledge of Cybernetic Organisms / Chris Hables Gray, Steven Mentor and Heidi J. Figueroa-Sarriera…
Q 360 .C93 1995 c. 1Available
6. Erewhon: or, Over the range Book , Print in English
7. Erewhon, o, Over the range Book , Online in English1995 .In the strange country of Erewhon, sick people are imprisoned while criminals are treated for sickness. Machines are are considered too dangerous to use. This subtle satire of Victorian society is still as thought-provoking and entertaining as when it was first…
8. Genesis redux: essays in the history and philosophy of artificial life Book , Print in English2007 .Introduction: the Sistine gap / Jessica Riskin -- The imitation of life in ancient Greek philosophy / Sylvia Berryman -- The devil as automaton: Giovanni Fontana and the meanings of a fifteenth-century machine / Anthony Grafton…
Eisenhower B LevelBD418.8.G46 2007 c. 1Available
9. Genesis redux: essays in the history and philosophy of artificial life Book , Online in English2007 .Since antiquity, philosophers and engineers have tried to take life's measure by reproducing it. Aiming to reenact Creation, at least in part, these experimenters have hoped to understand the links between body and spirit, matter and mind, mechanism and consciousness. Genesis…
10. Ghost in the shell Video/Film , DVD in English1995 .In a world caught in the grip of information overload, Major Kusanagi is an elite officer and heavily modified cybernetic agent. She is on the trail of a computer-criminal who turns people into human marionettes, controlled by computer. She discovers that his true identity lies…
PN1997.G455 1998 c. 1Available
11. Her Video/Film , DVD in English , Spanish , French2013 ."Set in Los Angeles in the slight future, Theodore (Joaquin Phoenix), a complex, soulful man who makes his living writing touching personal letters for other people. Heartbroken after the end of a long relationship, he becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system,…
PN1997.2 .H47 2014 c. 1AvailablePN1997.2.H47 2014 c. 2Available
12. I, robot Book , Print in English1950 .In this collection, one of the great classics of science fiction, Asimov set out the principles of robot behavior that we know as the Three Laws of Robotics. Here are stories of robots gone mad, mind-reading robots, robots with a sense of humor, robot politicians, and robots who…
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPS3551.S5 I13 2004b c. 1Available
13. Inside the robot kingdom: Japan, mechatronics, and the coming robotopia Book , Print in English1988 .
TJ211.S39 1988 c. 1Available
14. Japanese robot culture: performance, imagination, and modernity Book , Print in English2017 .note: 1. Introduction: The Japanese Robot and Performance -- 2. Robotics and Representation -- 3. Futuristic Spectacle: Robot Performances at Expos -- 4. Anthropomorphic Robot and Artistic Expression -- 5. Robots, Space, and Place -- 6. Hatsune Miku, Virtual Machine-Woman…
TJ211.49.S66 2017 c. 1Available
15. Japanese Robot Culture: Performance, Imagination, and Modernity Book , Online in English2017 .Japanese Robot Culture examines social robots in Japan, those in public, domestic, and artistic contexts. Unlike other studies, this book sees the robot in relation to Japanese popular culture, and argues that the Japanese ́affinitý for robots is the outcome of a complex loop…
16. Making time: astronomical time measurement in Tokugawa Japan Book , Print in English2018 .Variable hours in a changing society -- Towers, pillows, and graphs: variation in clock design -- Astronomical time measurement and changing conceptions of time -- Geodesy, cartography, and time measurement -- Navigation and global time…
QB213 .F795 2018 c. 1Available
17. R.U.R Book , Print in English1973 .
Libraries Service CenterPR5038 .C3 R6 1973a c. 1AvailablePR5038 .C3 R6 1973a c. 2Available
18. The restless clock: a history of the centuries-long argument over what makes living things tick Book , Print in English2016 .Today, a scientific explanation is not meant to ascribe agency to natural phenomena: we would not say a rock falls because it seeks the center of the earth. Even for living things, in the natural sciences and often in the social sciences, the same is true. A modern botanist would…
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryQ175.32.V65 R57 2016 c. 1Available
19. Science and civilisation in China Book , Print in English1954 .v. 1. Introductory orientations.-- v. 2. History of scientific thought.-- v. 3. Mathematics and the sciences of the heavens and the earth.--
Eisenhower C LevelQ127.C5 N38 1954 c. 1Multiple Items
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryDS721 .N37 c. 1Multiple Items
SAIS Main StacksDS721 .N39Multiple Items
- v.4: pt.1-3
- v.5: pt.1-7, 9
- v.6: pt.1-3, 6
Eisenhower C LevelQ127.C5 N38 1954 c. 2Multiple Items
- v. 1-3; v. 4, pts. 1-3; v. 5, pts. 1-2 & 7; v. 6, pts. 1-2; v. 7, pt. 2
20. Star trek, the next generation Season 2 Video/Film , DVD in English1988 .Collects the original broadcast episodes from the second season of Star trek, the next generation.
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPN1997.2.S732 2013 c. 1Multiple Items
21. Star Wars trilogy Video/Film , DVD in English , French , Spanish1977 .Science fiction tales of derring-do, heroism and romance. Set in the distant past, they relate the adventures of Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo as they battle the forces of the evil Imperial Army.
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskPN1995.9.S695 T75 2004 c. 2Multiple Items
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskPN1995.9.S695 T75 2004 c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1,2,4
Friedheim -- AV Stacks - OASIS CollectionMultiple Items
- disc 4
- Circulation limited to Peabody Conservatory Students, faculty and staff.
- disc 1-4
22. The terminator Video/Film , DVD in English1984 .In 2029, giant super-computers dominate the planet. In order to destroy man's future by changing the past, they send an indestructible cyborg, a Terminator, back in time to kill a woman whose unborn son will become mankind's only hope. Can Sarah protect herself from this…
PN1997 .T47 2001 c. 1Available
23. Tomorrow's Eve Book , Print in English , French
24. Wargames Video/Film , DVD in English , French1983 .Young computer genius David Lightman breaks into the Defense Department's war computer, but what he thinks is a game just may start World War III.
PN1997.W198 2005 c. 1Available