For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Abraham's luggage: a social life of things in the medieval Indian ocean world Book , Print in English
HF3785 .L36 2018 c. 1Available
2. Agents of faith: votive objects in time and place Book , Print in English
Eisenhower D LevelNK1648.A39 2018 QUARTO c. 1AvailableInstitute of the History of Medicine Oversize Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryNK1648.A39 2018 c. 1Available
3. Border fetishisms: material objects in unstable spaces Book , Print , Conference in English1998 .The essays here explore the varied nature of commodity fetishism in colonial & post-colonial spaces. Using case studies the contributors call for the inclusion of material things within the wider human experience.
GN472.B65 1998 c. 1Available
4. Christian materiality: an essay on religion in late medieval Europe Book , Print in English2011 .Nicholas of Cusa and the Hosts of Andechs -- Periodization of Holy Matter -- Materiality -- Beyond "the Body" -- Matter as Paradox -- Image Theory -- Materiality of Images: Two Theoretical Considerations -- Materiality of Images: Examples -- Viewer Response…
BR270.B96 2011 c. 1Checked out
5. Entangled: an archaeology of the relationships between humans and things Book , Print in English2012 .1. Thinking About Things Differently -- Approaches to Things -- Themes About Things -- Things are Not Isolated -- Things are Not Inert -- Things Endure over Different Temporalities -- Things Often Appear as Non-things -- Forgetness of Things -- What Is a Thing?…
GN406 .H63 2012 c. 1Checked out
6. History and its objects: antiquarianism and material culture since 1500 Book , Print in English2017 .Why historiography matters -- History and things in the twentieth century -- Karl Lamprecht and the "material turn" of 1885 -- Things as historical evidence in the late Renaissance and early Enlightenment…
GN406 .M555 2017 c. 1Checked out
7. Legal plunder: households and debt collection in late Medieval Europe Book , Online in English2016 .The values of things -- Credit and coin -- The pursuit of debt -- The plunder -- Violence and resistance.
8. Legal plunder: households and debt collection in late Medieval Europe Book , Print in English2016 .The values of things -- Credit and coin -- The pursuit of debt -- The plunder -- Violence and resistance.
HG3701.S5896 2016 c. 1Available
9. Material Culture and Queenship in 14th-century France: The Testament of Blanche of Navarre (1331-1398) Book , Print in English , French2016 ."In Material Culture and Queenship in 14th-century France : The Testament of Blanche of Navarre (1331-1398) Marguerite Keane considers the object collection of the long-lived fourteenth-century French queen Blanche of Navarre, the wife of Philip VI (d. 1350). This queen's…
DC98.7.B63 K43 2016 c. 1Available
10. Material powers: cultural studies, history and the material turn Book , Print in English2010 .pt. 1 history of the categories -- 1. Matter and materialism: a brief pre-history of the present / John Frow -- 2. Locating matter: the place of materiality in urban history / Chris Otter -- 3. matter of materialism: literary mediations / Bill Brown -- pt. 2 Assembling the state…
HC260.C3 M38 2010 c. 1Available
11. The medieval manuscript book: cultural approaches Book , Print in English2015 ."Traditional scholarship on manuscripts has tended to focus on issues concerning their production and has shown comparatively little interest in the cultural contexts of the manuscript book. The Medieval Manuscript Book redresses this by focusing on aspects of the medieval book…
Eisenhower C LevelZ106.5.E85 M43 2015 c. 1Checked out
12. The Middle Ages in 50 objects Book , Print in English2018 ."Complex and varied, vibrant and intense, medieval objects demand to be examined closely, to be thought about deeply, to be approached kinesthetically. Extraordinary in the multiplicity of meanings that it harbors and engenders, the material culture of the Middle Ages offers its…
CB351 .G475 2018 c. 1Available
13. New materialisms: ontology, agency, and politics Book , Print in English2010 .Introducing the new materialisms / Diana Coole and Samantha Frost -- The force of materiality : a vitalist stopover on the way to a new materialism / Jane Bennett -- Nondialectical materialism / Pheng Cheah -- The inertia of matter and the generativity of flesh / Diana Coole…
B825 .N49 2010 c. 1Checked out
14. Other things Book , Print in English2015 .Things in theory -- The matter of modernism -- The secret life of things (Virginia Woolf) -- The modernist object and another thing (Man Ray) -- Concepts and objects, words and things (Philip K. Dick) -- Unhuman history -- The unhuman condition (Hannah Arendt/Bruno Latour)…
BD220 .B76 2015 c. 1Available
15. Reassembling the social: an introduction to actor-network-theory Book , Print in English2005 .
HM706.L38 2005 c. 1Lost Recall
16. Where are we heading?: the evolution of humans and things Book , Print in English2018 ."In this engaging exploration, archaeologist Ian Hodder departs from the two prevailing modes of thought about human evolution: the older idea of constant advancement toward a civilized ideal and the newer one of a directionless process of natural selection. Instead, he proposes…
GN406.H63 2018 c. 1Available