For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Anthropology in Pakistan: recent socio-cultural and archaeological perspectives Book , Print , Conference in English
GN635.P27 A58 1985 QUARTO c. 1Available
2. Before Revelation: the boundaries of Muslim moral thought Book , Print in English
BP 166.1 .R451 1995 c. 1Available
3. The challenge of Islam: the prophetic tradition : lectures, 1981 Book , Print in English
BP53 .B76 2009 c. 1Available
4. Comparative philosophy without borders Book , Print in English
B799 .C645 2016 c. 1Available
BP88.G47 A3 1999 c. 1Available
6. The Dharma's gatekeepers: Sakya Paṇḍita on Buddhist scholarship in Tibet Book , Print in English
BQ162.C52 T55734 2008 c. 1Available
7. Engaged emancipation: mind, morals, and make-believe in the Mokṣopāya (Yogavāsiṣṭha) Book , Print in English
B132.M64 E65 2015 c. 1Available
8. The feather of Simurgh: the "licit magic" of the arts in medieval Islam Book , Print in English
PT7733 .B87 1988 QUARTO c. 1Available
9. Gender, genre, and power in South Asian expressive traditions Book , Print in English
Eisenhower B LevelGR 302 .G461 1991 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 24 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.GR 302 .G461 1991 c. 1Available
10. Hegel's India: a reinterpretation, with texts Book , Print in English2017 .Presenting all of Hegel's writings on and about India, this work shows how much effort Hegel expended on what he ultimately characterised merely as fantastic, subjective, wild, dreamy, frenzied, absurd, and repetitive. If Indian art, religion, and philosophy, are so grossly…
DS407 .R35 2017 c. 1Available
11. Linguistic traditions of Kashmir: essays in memory of Paṇḍit Dinanath Yaksha Book , Print in English , Sanskrit2008 .Dinanath Yaksha, 1921-2004, Sanskrit grammarian from Jammu & Kashmir, India; contributed articles.
PK655 .L56 2008 c. 1Available
12. Mystical languages of unsaying Book , Print in English1994 .Introduction/Unsaying -- 1. Awakening without Awakener: Apophasis in Plotinus -- 2. The Nothingness of God in John the Scot Eriugena -- 3. Ibn Arabi's Polished Mirror: Identity Shift and Meaning Event -- 4. Ibn Arabi's Garden among the Flames: The Heart Receptive of Every Form…
B 728 .S451 1994 c. 1Available
13. The niche of lights: Mishkāt al-anwār Book , Print in English , Arabic1998 .
BP189.26.G3913 1998 c. 1Available
14. Perfecting women: Maulana Ashraf ʻAlī Thanawi's Bihishti zewar : a partial translation with commentary Book , Print in English1990 .
BJ1292.W6 T4713 1990 c. 1Checked out
15. A rasa reader: classical Indian aesthetics Book , Print in English2016 .
BH221.I52 R43 2016 c. 1Available
16. Secular Translations: Nation-State, Modern Self, and Calculative Reason Book , Online in English2018 .In Secular Translations, anthropologist Talal Asad reflects on his lifelong engagement with secularism and its contradictions. He draws out the ambiguities in our concepts of the religious and the secular through a rich consideration of translatability and untranslatability.
17. Secular translations: nation-state, modern self, and calculative reason Book , Print in English2018 .In Secular Translations, the anthropologist Talal Asad reflects on his lifelong engagement with secularism and its contradictions. In a consideration of translatability and untranslatability, he explores the ways ideas are translated between histories and cultures and the ways…
BL2747.8 .A755 2018 c. 1Available
18. Signless signification in ancient India and beyond Book , Online in English2013 .The collection of interdisciplinary essays in this book examines the speculative, linguistic, literary and artistic theories on signless ways of expressing meanings in the context of traditional Indian language and culture.
19. Signless signification in ancient India and beyond Book , Print in English2013 .Much ado about nothing : unsystematic notes on śūnya / Alberto Pelissero -- When one thing applies more than once : tantra and prasaṅga in Śrautasūtra, Mīmāṃsā and grammar / Elisa Freschi, Tiziana Pontillo…
P140.S52 2014 c. 1Transit
20. Speaking with pictures: folk art and the narrative tradition in India Book , Print in English2012 .1. Folk Art: What Kind of Object is it? -- 2. Global Events and Local Narratives: 9/11 and the Chitrakars -- 3. Words and Images: Storytelling in Gond Art -- 4. Patua Art and the Graphic Novel: An Experiment in Inter-Textual Communication -- 5. Conclusion: Pictures and Myths.
NK1047 .C4685 2012 c. 1Available
21. Temple and contemplation Book , Print in English2013 .1. The realism and symbolism of colours in Shiite cosmology -- 2. The science of the balance and the correspondences between worlds in Islamic Gnosis -- 3. Sabian Temple and Ismailism -- 4. The configuration of the Temple of the Ka'bah as the secret of the spiritual life…
BP195.I8 C6713 2013 c. 1Available