For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Africa in antiquity: the arts of ancient Nubia and the Sudan Book , Print in English
Eisenhower D LevelPT1488.5.N9A46 1978 QUARTO c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
2. Ancient Egypt: a social history Book , Print in English
3. Ancient Egypt: anatomy of a civilization Book , Print in English
4. The ancient Egyptian books of the afterlife Book , Print in English
5. Ancient Egyptian religion Book , Print in English
6. The ancient gods speak: a guide to Egyptian religion Book , Print in English2002 .
7. Ancient Mesopotamia: the eden that never was Book , Print in English1999 .
8. The ancient Near East: an anthology of texts and pictures Book , Print in English2011 ."James Pritchard's classic anthologies of the ancient Near East have introduced generations of readers to texts essential for understanding the peoples and cultures of this important region. Now these two enduring works have been combined and integrated into one convenient and…
9. The archaeology of ancient Israel Book , Print in English1992 .
Libraries Service CenterPT4752.A2 M2613 1992 QUARTO c. 1AvailableEisenhower D Level Near Eastern Reference Eisenberg Room, Non-CirculatingDS111.A2 M3513 1992 QUARTO c. 1 | Floor mapAvailable
10. The archaeology of Mesopotamia: theories and approaches Book , Print in English2003 .
11. The archaeology of Mesopotamia: theories and approaches Book , Online in English
12. The archaeology of society in the Holy Land Book , Print in English1995 .Preface / Thomas E. Levy -- Prehistoric Chronological Framework / Ofer Bar-Yosef -- 1. Social Change and the Archaeology of the Holy Land / Thomas E. Levy and Augustin F. C. Holl…
13. The archaeology of Syria: from complex hunter-gatherers to early urban societies (c. 16,000-300 BC) Book , Print in English2003 .
14. Atlas of ancient Egypt Book , Print in English1980 .
15. Avaris, the capital of the Hyksos: recent excavations at Tell el-Dabʻa Book , Print in English1996 .
16. Babylon Book , Print in English1986 .
Eisenhower Location to be AssignedOn OrderUse the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower Location to be AssignedOn OrderUse the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
17. The Babylonian world Book , Print in English2007 .Land and land use -- Material culture -- Economic life -- Society and politics -- Religion -- Intellectual life : cuneiform writing and learning -- International relations : Babylonia and the ancient Near Eastern world.
18. The Babylonians: an introduction Book , Print in English2003 .Introduction -- Setting the scene -- History -- Society and economy -- Religion -- Material culture.
- 2006 pr.
19. Before writing Book , Print in English1992 .v. 1. From counting to cuneiform -- v. 2. A catalog of Near Eastern tokens.
Eisenhower D LevelPT 3601.S35 1992 QUARTO c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
20. The Bible unearthed: archaeology's new vision of ancient Israel and the origin of its sacred texts Book , Print in English2001 .pt. 1. The bible as history? -- 1. Searching for the Patriarchs -- 2. Did the Exodus happen? -- 3. The conquest of Canaan -- 4. Who were the Israelites? -- 5. Memories of a golden age? -- pt. 2. The rise and fall of ancient Israel…
21. A companion to the ancient Near East Book , Print in English2005 .
22. Conceptions of God in ancient Egypt: the one and the many Book , Print in English , German1982 .
Libraries Service CenterPT1640 .H6713 1982 c. 2AvailableChecked out, Due: Feb 7 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
23. The conquest of Assyria: excavations in an antique land, 1840-1860 Book , Print in English1996 .Pt. I. The First Explorers. 1. The mounds of Nineveh. 2. Paolo Emilio Botta. 3. The first palace appears. 4. Austen Henry Layard. 5. The journey into the East. 6. Mesopotamia - the first impression. 7. Indiana Jones among the Bakhtiyaris. 8. Mosul and Constantinople. 9. Nimrud…
24. Çatal Hüyük: a neolithic town in Anatolia Book , Print in English1967 .
25. Çatalhöyük: the leopard's tale : reveling the mysteries of Turkey's ancient 'town' Book , Print in English2006 ."Catalhoyuk, in central Turkey, became internationally famous in the 1960s when an ancient town - one of the oldest in the world - was discovered together with wonderful wall-paintings and sculptures, many featuring images of leopards. The archaeological finds included female…
26. The early history of the ancient Near East, 9000-2000 B.C Book , Print in English1988 .
27. Early Mesopotamia: society and economy at the dawn of history Book , Print in English1992 .
Checked out, Due: Mar 6 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
28. Ebla: an empire rediscovered Book , Print in English , Italian1981 .
29. Egypt and Canaan in the New Kingdom Book , Print in English1990 .
30. Egypt of the Pharaohs: an introduction Book , Print in English1969 .
31. The Egyptians: an introduction Book , Print in English2005 .Defining ancient Egypt -- The Egyptian world -- Esoteric knowledge and oriental mystery -- Constructing the Egyptian past -- Origins and first flowering -- Imperial Egypt -- Continuity with metamorphosis -- Rulers and ruled -- Town and country in ancient Egypt…
Checked out, Due: Oct 15 2019 09:37 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
32. The first writing: script invention as history and process Book , Print in English2004 .Overture to The first writing / Stephen D. Houston -- The possibilty and actuality of writing / John S. Robertson -- Writing systems: a case study in cultural evolution / Bruce G. Trigger…
33. From foraging to agriculture: the Levant at the end of the Ice Age Book , Print in English1989 .
34. Girikihaciyan: a Halafian site in southeastern Turkey Book , Print in English1990 .
35. A history of ancient Egypt Book , Print in English1992 .
36. A History of the Ancient Near East ca. 3000-323 BC Book , Print in English2016 .Introductory concerns -- Part I. City-states -- Origins : the Uruk phenomenon -- Competing city-states : the early dynastic period -- Political centralization in the late third millennium -- The Near East in the early second millennium…
Checked out, Due: Oct 15 2019 09:39 PM
37. The Hittites and their world Book , Print in English2008 .A brief history of Hittite studies -- A political history of the Hittites -- Society -- Religion -- Hittites in the Bible.
38. Life in Neolithic farming communities: social organization, identity, and differentiation Book , Print in English2000 .Ch. 1. Life in Neolithic Farming Communities: An Introduction / Ian Kuijt -- Ch. 2. Early Sedentism in the Near East: A Bumpy Ride to Village Life / Anna Belfer-Cohen and Ofer Bar-Yosef…
39. Mass deportations and deportees in the Neo-Assyrian Empire Book , Print in English1979 .
40. The might that was Assyria Book , Print in English1984 .
41. The Neolithic of the Near East Book , Print in English1975 .
42. The neolithic revolution in the Near East: transforming the human landscape Book , Print in English2007 ."Based on more than thirty years of fieldwork, this timely volume examines the Neolithic Revolution in the Levantine Near East and on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. Alan Simmons explores recent research regarding the emergence of Neolithic populations, using both…
43. Nubia, corridor to Africa Book , Print in English1977 .
44. The Oxford handbook of cuneiform culture Book , Print in English2011 ."The cuneiform script, the writing system of ancient Mesopotamia, was witness to one of the world's oldest literate cultures. For over three millennia, it was the vehicle of communication from (at its greatest extent) Iran to the Mediterranean, Anatolia to Egypt. The Oxford…
45. The Oxford history of ancient Egypt Book , Print in English2003 ."The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt is the only history to provide detailed historical coverage of Egypt from the early Stone Age to its incorporation into the Roman Empire. The essays and beautiful illustrations portray the emergence and development of the distinctive…
46. Patterns in prehistory: humankind's first three million years Book , Print in English2007 .Prehistory, history, and archaeology -- Fundamentals of archaeology -- The origins of culture -- The origins of Homo sapiens sapiens -- The first Americans -- The origins of agriculture -- The evolution of complex societies -- Origins of complex societies in southwest Asia…
47. Pharaoh triumphant: the life and times of Ramesses II, King of Egypt Book , Print in English1983 .
48. Pharaoh's people: scenes from life in Imperial Egypt Book , Print in English1984 .
49. Power and propaganda: a symposium on ancient empires Book , Print in English1979 .
50. Puritans in Babylon: the ancient Near East and American intellectual life, 1880-1930 Book , Print in English