For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. A better tomorrow Video/Film , DVD in English
2. The big heat Video/Film , DVD in English
3. Bonnie and Clyde Video/Film , DVD in English1967 .The story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, who robbed banks across the country during the Depression era.
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskPN1995.9.G3B655 2008 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
4. Born to lose: the gangster film in America Book , Print in English1978 .
5. Dangerous dames: women and representation in the Weimar street film and film noir Book , Print in English1999 ."Both film noir and the Weimar street film hold a continuing fascination for film spectators and film theorists alike. The female characters, especially the alluring femmes fatales, remain a focus for critical and popular attention. The antithesis of the femme fatale, which Wager…
6. Donnie Brasco Video/Film , DVD in English1997 .This true story follows FBI agent Joe Pistone (Depp) as he infiltrates the mafia of New York.
7. Dreams & dead ends: the American gangster film Book , Print in English2003 .
8. The fatal woman: sources of male anxiety in American film noir, 1941-1991 Book , Print in English1996 .1. La Belle Dame Sans Merci and the Neurotic Knight: Characterization in The Maltese Falcon -- 2. Something Loose in the Heart: Wilder's Double Indemnity -- 3. A Dive into the Black Pool: Edward Dmytryk's Murder, My Sweet…
9. Film noir reader Book , Print in English2001 .Part One : Seminal essays. Towards a definition of film noir / Raymond Borde and Étienne Chaumeton (1955) -- Noir cinema / Charles Higham and Joel Greenberg (1968) -- Paint it black : the family tree of the film noir / Raymond Durgnat (1970)…
10. Force of evil Video/Film , DVD in English1949 .A racketeer's lawyer finds that his boss has found a way to bankrupt New York's numbers banks but gets wedged between the numbers racket and a new prosecutor's anti-crime campaign.
11. The Godfather DVD collection Video/Film , DVD in English , French1972 .The Godfather (c1972) -- The Godfather, part II (c1974) -- The Godfather, part III (c1990) -- Bonus materials (c2001).
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.G644 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
Friedheim -- AV Stacks - OASIS CollectionA1.519 .G6 C66 OASIS DVD c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1,4-5 Disc 1=Godfather;Disc 2-3=Godfather Part II (2 Discs in one container);Disc 4=Godfather Part III;Disc 5=Bonus Material
12. The godfather, part II Video/Film , DVD in English , French2008 .Continues the saga of the Corleone family, tracing the rise of Don Vito as a young man in Italy, and that of Michael as the new Don, reigning from his Lake Tahoe estate.
13. GoodFellas Video/Film , DVD in English , French2007 .A young man grows up in the mob and works hard to advance himself through the ranks, enjoying the life of the rich and violent. Based on the story of real-life mobster Henry Hill.
Friedheim -- AV Stacks - OASIS CollectionGoodfellas c. 1Available
- Circulation limited to Peabody Conservatory students, faculty, and staff.
14. Gun crazy Video/Film , DVD in English1949 .Classic film noir based on a short story by MacKinlay Kantor. A greedy sideshow sharp-shooter marries an ex-army man, then leads him down the road to crime for easy money.
15. The harder they come Video/Film , DVD , CD in English2006 .A country boy who travels to Kingston to make it big as a reggae singer is ruthlessly exploited, first by his employer, then by the producer of his hit record. At last he becomes a pot-pushing desperado in an effort to live up to the code of his favorite movie heroes.
16. High Sierra Video/Film , DVD in English1941 .Bogart plays a convicted killer sprung from jail by a mobster who wants him to assist in a California hotel holdup.
17. Hollywood genres: formulas, filmmaking, and the studio system Book , Print in English1981 .
18. Howard Hawks, storyteller Book , Print in English1982 .
19. Inventing the public enemy: the gangster in American culture, 1918-1934 Book , Print in English1996 .
20. Little Caesar Video/Film , DVD in English1930 .A small-time hood rises to criminal fame and power. Adapted from W.R. Burnett's novel.
21. The machine in the garden: technology and the pastoral ideal in America Book , Print in English1964 ."For over four decades, Leo Marx's work has focused on the relationship between technology and culture in 19th- and 20th-century America. His research helped to define - and continues to enrich - the area of American studies concerned with the links between scientific and…
22. Manhood in America: a cultural history Book , Print in English2012 .ch. 1 Birth of the Self-Made Man -- ch. 2 Born to Run: Self-Control and Fantasies of Escape -- ch. 3 Men at Work: Captains of Industry, White Collars, and the Faceless Crowd -- ch. 4 Playing for Keeps: Masculinity as Recreation and the Re-Creation of Masculinity…
23. Manhood in America: a cultural history Book , Print in English2006 .
Checked out, Due: Jun 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
24. Manhood in America: a cultural history Book , Print in English1996 .Introduction: Toward a History of Manhood in America -- Pt. 1. The Making of the Self-Made Man in America, 1776-1865. 1. The Birth of the Self-Made Man. 2. Born to Run: Self-Control and Fantasies of Escape…
25. Mean streets Video/Film , DVD in English2004 .Charlie, a 27-year-old, tries to work his way up the bottom rungs of organized crime's ladder. Amy Robinson is Teresa, the girlfriend Charlie's family declares "unsuitable" because she has epilepsy.
26. More than night: film noir in its contexts Book , Print in English1998 .Introduction: This is Where I Came In -- 1. History of an Idea -- Noir Is Born: Paris, 1946-1959 -- Darkness Everywhere -- 2. Modernism and Blood Melodrama: Three Case Studies -- Believing in Nothing -- Sympathy for the Devil -- Death Chamber…
27. Point blank Video/Film , DVD in English1967 .A thief is double-crossed by a crime group called 'The Organization' after pulling a heist. Their mistake was not killing him; now he is out for revenge and the $93,000 that The Organization owes him. Based on Donald E. Westlake's novel.
28. Public enemies, public heroes: screening the gangster from Little Caesar to Touch of Evil Book , Print in English1999 .Introduction: Screening Crime in the USA: An Undervalued Symbiosis -- 1. Gangster's Silent Backdrop: Contesting Victorian Uplift and the Culture of Prohibition -- 2. Enemy Goes Public: Voicing the Cultural Other in the Early 1930s Talking Gangster Film…
29. Public enemy Video/Film , DVD in English1931 .Classic gangster film tells the story of two brothers, one an honorable war veteran, the other a high-class gangster that sold alcohol during the prohibition.
30. Scarface Video/Film , DVD in English1932 .Tells the story of organized crime's control of the city of Chicago during prohibition and the ruthless drive of Tony Carmonte (Muni) to become the city's top gangster.
31. Screening the male: exploring masculinities in Hollywood cinema Book , Print in English1993 .
32. T-Men Video/Film , DVD in English1947 .Details the adventures of treasury agents as they attempt to penetrate a counterfeiting ring whose leader has already killed one T-Man.
33. Touchez pas au grisbi: Hands off the loot Video/Film , DVD in French1954 .An aging gangster is unwillingly brought out of retirement after one of his associates unwittingly betrays him to a rival.
34. Understanding movies Book , Print in English2014 .ch. 1 Photography -- Realism and Formalism -- Shots -- Angles -- Light and Dark -- Color -- Lenses, Filters, and Stocks -- Digital Revolution -- Cinematographer -- Further Reading -- ch. 2 Mise En Scene -- Frame -- Composition and Design -- Territorial Space -- Proxemic Patterns…
35. Underworld U.S.A Book , Print in English1972 .
36. We're in the money: Depression America and its films Book , Print in English1971 .The gangsters -- The shyster and the city -- Some anarcho-nihilist laff riots -- Sex and personal relations: women of the streets, women of the world -- A musical interlude -- Back to the earth: King Kong and King Vidor -- The G-man and the cowboy…
37. White heat Video/Film , DVD in English1949 .In his last role as a heartless gangster, James Cagney embarks on the prison break of a lifetime in this chilling tale that features one of the most riveting finales in movie history.
38. The wire: The complete first season Video/Film , DVD in English2002 .This unvarnished, highly realistic series follows a single sprawling drug and murder investigation in Baltimore. Told from the point of view of both the police and their targets, where easy distinctions between good and evil are challenged at every turn.
Eisenhower M Level AV ReservesPN1992.77.W574 sea.1 2004 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1992.77.W574 sea.1 2004 c. 2 | Floor mapMultiple Items
- disc 2-5
39. World's coolest movie star: the complete 95 films (and legend) of Jean Gabin Book , Print in English2009 .v. 1. Tragic drifter ; with a foreword by Michele Morgan -- v. 2. Comeback/patriarch ; with a foreword by Brigitte Bardot.
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPN2638.G15 Z54 2009 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items