For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Beyond monogamy: polyamory and the future of polyqueer sexualities Book , Print in English
HQ980 .S34 2016 c. 1Available
2. Bound in wedlock: slave and free Black marriage in the nineteenth century Book , Print in English
E185.86.H86 2017 c. 1Available
3. Charity and Sylvia: a same-sex marriage in early America Book , Print in English
HQ1034.U5 C54 2014 c. 1Available
4. Disturbing practices: history, sexuality, and women's experience of modern war Book , Print in English
Eisenhower B LevelHQ29 .D57 2013 c. 1Available
5. Major problems in the history of American sexuality: documents and essays Book , Print in English2002 .1. Sexuality in history. The social construction of sexuality / Jeffrey Weeks ; Essentialism and queer history / Rictor Norton ; Reading the silences around sexuality / John D. Wrathall…
HQ18.U55 M34 2002 c. 1Available
6. Marriage, a history: from obedience to intimacy, or how love conquered marriage Book , Print in English2005 .In search of traditional marriage -- The era of political marriage -- The love revolution -- Courting disaster? The collapse of universal and lifelong marriage -- For better or worse? The future of marriage.
HQ503.C66 2005 c. 1Available
7. Public vows: a history of marriage and the nation Book , Online in English2002 .An archaeology of American monogamy -- Perfecting community rules with state laws -- Domestic relations on the national agenda -- Toward a single standard -- Monogamy as the law of social life -- Consent, the American way -- The modern architecture of marriage…
8. Public vows: a history of marriage and the nation Book , Print in English2000 .
HQ536.C757 2000 c. 1Available
9. The state of affairs: rethinking infidelity Book , Print in English2018 .
HQ806 .P47 2018 C. 1Available
10. Strange bedfellows: marriage in the age of women's liberation Book , Print in English2018 .note: ch. 1 Problem of Marriage in the Age of Women's Liberation -- ch. 2 End of Breadwinning and Homemaking -- ch. 3 Blaming Feminism for the Fragile Family -- ch. 4 Race, Welfare, and Marriage Regulation -- ch. 5 Sham Marriages, Real Love, and Immigration Reform…
HQ535.L36 2018 c. 1Available
11. The trouble with normal: sex, politics, and the ethics of queer life Book , Print in English1999 ."Is gay marriage good for gays? Are queer people better off when they see themselves as "normal" Americans? What is lost when gays go mainstream? What, after all, is The Trouble With Normal? Here, Michael Warner, argues that gay marriage and other moves toward normalcy are bad…
HQ32.W367 1999 c. 1Available
12. The trouble with normal: sex, politics, and the ethics of queer life Book , Print in English1999 .Is gay marriage good for gays? Are queer people better off when they see themselves as "normal" Americans? What is lost when gays go mainstream? What, after all, is The Trouble With Normal? Here, Michael Warner, argues that gay marriage and other moves toward normalcy are bad not…
HQ32.W367 2000 c. 1Available
13. Unmarried couples, law, and public policy Book , Print in English2010 ."In Unmarried Couples, Law, and Public Policy, Cynthia Grant Bowman explores the legal recognition of heterosexual cohabiting couples in the United States. Unmarried cohabitation has increased at a phenomenal rate in the U.S., over the last few decades, but the law has not…
KF538 .B69 2010 c. 1Available
14. The wedding complex: forms of belonging in modern American culture Book , Print in English2002 .Love among the ruins -- We of me : the member of the wedding's novel alliances -- "That troth which failed to plight" : race, the wedding, and kin-aesthetics in Absalom, Absalom!…
PS374.W39 F74 2002 c. 1Available
15. What comes naturally: miscegenation law and the making of race in America Book , Print in English2009 .1. Engendering miscegenation -- 2. Sexualizing miscegenation law -- 3. Configuring race in the American West -- 4. facts of race in the courtroom -- 5. Seeing like a racial state -- 6. Between a rock and a hard place -- 7. Interracial marriage as a natural right…
KF4755.P37 2009 c. 1Available
16. Why marriage?: the history shaping today's debate over gay equality Book , Print in English2004 .Introduction: Why marriage? -- The legacy of antigay discrimination -- Gay rights, civil rights -- How marriage changed -- Why marriage became a goal -- The present as history.
HQ76.8.U5 C43 2004 c. 1Available