For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Adventures in human being: a grand tour from the cranium to the calcaneum Book , Print in English
3. The body in pain: the making and unmaking of the world Book , Online in English
4. The body in pain: the making and unmaking of the world Book , Print in English
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryBJ1409 .S286 1985 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jan 24 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
5. The Cambridge illustrated history of medicine Book , Print in English2001 .Surveys the rise of medicine in the West from the earliest times to the present day, & glimpses medicine's future. Annotation. Against the backdrop of unprecedented concern for the future of health care, The Cambridge Illustrated History of Medicine surveys the rise of medicine…
6. A country doctor's notebook Book , Print in English2013 .The embroidered towel -- The steel windpipe -- Black as Egypt's night -- Baptism by rotation -- The speckled rash -- The blizzard -- The vanishing eye -- Morphine -- The murder.
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryPG3476.B78 A2 2013 c. 1Available
7. The culture of pain Book , Print in English1991 .Explores the history of pain in Western literature and culture to restore the bridge between pain and meaning.
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 6, Welch LibraryRB127 .M67 1991 c. 1Available
8. Doctors: the biography of medicine Book , Print in English1988 .
9. A dog's heart Book , Print in English2011 .
10. Flaubert-Sand: the correspondence Book , Print in English1993 .
11. Flush: a biography Book , Print in English1933 .
LSC - Request for use in Special CollectionsPO 6045 .W62 F6 1933 c. 1
12. The heart Book , Print in English2016 ."Just before dawn on a Sunday morning, three teenage boys go surfing. Returning home, exhausted, the driver lets the car drift off the road into a tree. Two of the boys are wearing seat belts; one is sent through the windshield. He is declared brain-dead shortly after arriving at…
13. The inner history of devices Book , Print in English2008 .Reading the Inner History of Devices -- Inner History / Sherry Turkle -- Through Memoir -- Prosthetic Eye / Alicia Kestrell Verlager -- Cell Phones / E. Cabell Hankinson Gathman -- Patterning Table / Nicholas A. Knouf -- Television / Orit Kuritsky-Fox…
- 2011 pr
14. Just babies: the origins of good and evil Book , Print in English2013 ."A leading cognitive scientist argues that a deep sense of good and evil is bred in the bone. From Sigmund Freud to Lawrence Kohlberg, psychologists have long believed that we begin life as amoral animals. After all, isn't it the parents' role to turn babies into civilized beings…
15. Maggie Brown & others Book , Print in English2019 .In his orchestral and moving new book, Peter Orner ... chronicles people whose lives are at inflection points. In forty-four compressed gems, he grips us with a series of defining moments. Whether it's a first date that turns into a late-night road trip to a séance in an…
16. Réparer les vivants: roman Book , Print in French2014 .
17. The Routledge handbook of philosophy of empathy Book , Print in English2017 .note: pt. I Core issues -- 1. Cognitive empathy / Shannon Spaulding -- 2. Affective empathy / Heidi L. Maibom -- 3. Phenomenology, empathy, and mindreading / Dan Zahavi -- 4. neuroscience of empathy / Christine Cong Guo -- 5. Empathy and mirror neurons / Remy Debes…
18. A simple heart Book , Print in English2004 .One single noise reached her ears now, the voice of the parrot. With an attention to the details of bourgeois life considered almost scandalous at the time, A Simple Heart will remind many why Gustave Flaubert was acclaimed as the first great master of realism. But this…
19. The sublime engine: a biography of the human heart Book , Print in English2011 .A lyrical history of the human heart draws on scientific, religious, and literary sources to reveal the heart's role in human imagination and culture from the ancient world to today.
20. Thirty-two stories Book , Print in English2000 .Metzengerstein -- Duc De L'Omelette -- MS. Found in a Bottle -- Assignation -- Shadow -- Silence -- Ligeia -- How to Write a Blackwood Article -- Predicament -- Fall of the House of Usher -- William Wilson -- Man of the Crowd -- Murders in the Rue Morgue…