For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Al Quds al-Mamlûkiyya: a history of Mamlûk Jerusalem based on the Ḥaram documents Book , Print in English , Arabic
2. The Anchor Bible dictionary Book , Print in English
Eisenhower A Level General Reference, Non-CirculatingBS440 .A541 1992 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
Eisenhower D Level Near Eastern Reference Eisenberg Room, Non-CirculatingBS440.A541 1992 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
Eisenhower B LevelBS440.A54 1992 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
3. Ancient Jerusalem revealed Book , Print in English2000 .
4. The Centrality of Jerusalem: historical perspectives Book , Print in English1996 .Introduction and overview : the centrality of Jerusalem / Marcel Poorthuis -- Jerusalem in the view of the Psalms / Klaus Seybold -- Jerusalem in the book of Chronicles / Panc Beentjes -- The temple in Jerusalem : Birah and Baris in archaeology and literature / Joshua Schwartz…
5. City of the great king: Jerusalem from David to the present Book , Print in English1996 .Introduction / Nitza Rosovsky -- 1. The Inhabitants of Jerusalem / Magen Broshi -- 2. The Holy Places / F. E. Peters -- 3. Jerusalem in Jewish Spirituality / Joseph Dan -- 4. The Holy City in Christian Thought / Paula Fredriksen…
6. De Sion exibit lex et verbum domini de Hierusalem: essays on medieval law, liturgy, and literature in honour of Amnon Linder Book , Print in English , French2001 .
7. Digging up Jerusalem Book , Print in English1974 .
8. Discovering Jerusalem Book , Print in English , Hebrew1983 .
9. The early Islamic monuments of al-Ḥaram al-Sharīf: an iconographic study Book , Print in English1989 .
10. Eastward bound: travel and travellers, 1050-1550 Book , Print in English2004 .
11. Encyclopedia of medieval pilgrimage Book , Print in English2010 ."The Encyclopedia of Medieval Pilgrimmage is an interdisciplinary reference work, giving wide coverage of the role of travel in medieval religious life. Dealing with the period 300-1500 A.D., it offers both basic data on as broad a range of European pilgrimage as possible and…
12. God's mountain: the Temple Mount in time, place, and memory Book , Print in English2005 .Transmuting realities : from David to Herod, from Micah to Josephus -- Locus memoriae : the Temple Mount and the early followers of Jesus and James -- Delusive landscapes : from Jerusalem to Aelia -- A lively ruin : the Temple Mount in Byzantine Jerusalem…
DS109.28.E45 2005 c. 2Available2006 .Names and orders of the books of the Old and New Testaments with the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical books -- Alphabetical list of the books of the New Revised Standard version (including the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical books) -- Introduction to the HarperCollins study Bible…
BS191.5 .A1 2006 S26 2006a c. 1Available
14. The Hebrew Bible: a translation with commentary Book , Print in English2019 ."A landmark event: the complete Hebrew Bible in the award-winning translation that delivers the stunning literary power of the original. A masterpiece of deep learning and fine sensibility, Robert Alter's translation of the Hebrew Bible, now complete, reanimates one of the…
Eisenhower B LevelBS895.A48 2019 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
15. Helena Augusta: the mother of Constantine the Great and the legend of her finding of the true cross Book , Print in English1992 .
16. The history of Jerusalem: the early Muslim period, 638-1099 Book , Print in English1996 .Ch. I. The Political History of Jerusalem During the Early Muslim Period / Moshe Gil -- Ch. II. The Physical Infrastructure / Dan Bahat -- Ch. III. The Authorities and the Local Population / Moshe Gil -- Ch. IV. Christian Communities in Jerusalem / Amnon Linder…
17. The history of the Jews in the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem Book , Print in English1988 .
18. Holy Land pilgrimage in the later Roman Empire, AD 312-460 Book , Print in English1982 .
19. How the Holy Cross was found: from event to medieval legend with an appendix of texts Print , Dissertation/Thesis in English , Latin , Greek, Ancient (to 1453)1991 .Witnesses dependent on Gelasius of Caesarea -- Reconstructing Gelasius of Caesarea -- The independent witnesses -- The testimony of Cyril of Jerusalem -- The silence of Eusebius of Caesarea -- The event -- The revised story -- Story become legend -- Inventio crucis A…
20. The illustrated atlas of Jerusalem Map/Globe , Print in English1996 .The topography of the city: The archaeological study of Jerusalem -- Ancient history: Until circa 1000 BCE -- The first temple period: 1000 BCE -- The second temple period: 538 BCE-70 CE -- Jerusalem at the time of Jesus -- Aelia Capitolina: 135-326…
21. The illustrated atlas of Jerusalem Book , Print in English1990 .
Eisenhower A Level Atlases, Non-CirculatingG 2239 .J4 B34 1990 QUARTO c. 1 | Floor mapAvailable
22. Jerusalem: city of longing Book , Print in English2008 .The center of the Christian world -- The center of Jewish Jerusalem -- The center of Muslim Jerusalem -- The old city -- The oldest city -- The Victorian city -- The modern city.
23. Jerusalem: its sanctity and centrality to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam Book , Print , Conference in English1999 ."In this work, thirty-three world-renowned scholars consider the significance of Jerusalem in the thought and practice of Jews, Christians, and Muslims. They describe its archeological remains, cultural creations, and tumultuous history from biblical times to the present. But…
24. Jerusalem: one city, three faiths Book , Print in English1996 .1985 .
26. Jerusalem as Jesus knew it: archaeology as evidence Book , Print in English1978 .
27. Jerusalem besieged: from ancient Canaan to modern Israel Book , Print in English2004 .Introduction: a lonely ship on a hostile sea: Jerusalem under siege -- A rock and a high place: David and the Jebusites, 1000 BCE -- The end of the beginning: Nebuchadnezzar and the Neo-Babylonians, 586 BCE -- Oil upon troubled waters: the Maccabean rebellion, 165 BCE…
28. Jerusalem in Bible and archaeology: the First Temple period Book , Print in English2003 .1975 .PART ONE: Economic conditions in the city of Jerusalem -- Industries -- Commerce -- Foreign visitors -- PART TWO: Economic status -- The rich -- The middle class -- The poor -- Decisive factors in determining the economic circumstances of the people of Jerusalem…
30. Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah Book , Print in English2005 ."Nehemiah was the great reformer who rallied the people to repair the walls of Jerusalem that were broken down in the Babylonian destruction of 586 B.C. In this guide, one of the builders of the walls (a Tekoite) leads us around the city and shows us the great work accomplished…
31. Jerusalem in the time of the crusades: society, landscape, and art in the Holy City under Frankish rule Book , Print in English2001 .
32. Jerusalem in the year 30 A.D Book , Print in English2004 .King Herod's Jerusalem -- The Known Elements of the City -- The Temple Mount -- The Temple Mount Today -- The Temple Mount of King Herod -- The Excavations on the Ophel -- The Hasmonean Tower and the First Wall -- The Pool of Siloam…
33. Jerusalem pilgrims before the crusades Book , Print in English2002 .Survey of the Sources -- Travel in Palestine -- Prayer in the Holy Places -- Translations -- Jerome, Letter 108 to Eustochium (385) (extract) -- Breviarius of Jerusalem (c.400) (original) -- Eucherius, Letter to Faustus (c.430)…
34. Jerusalem: Portrait of the City in the Second Temple Period (538 B.C.E. ́ 70 C.E.) Book , Online in English
35. Jerusalem revealed: archaeology in the Holy City, 1968-1974 Book , Print in English , Hebrew1976 .
36. Jerusalem: excavating 3000 years of history Book , Print in English1967 .
37. The land called holy: Palestine in Christian history and thought Book , Print in English1992 .
38. Life of Constantine Book , Print in English1999 .
39. The Madaba map centenary, 1897-1997: travelling through the Byzantine Umayyad period = al-Dhikrá al-miʼawīyah li-khāriṭat Mādabā : khilāla al-ʻaṣr… Book , Print , Conference in English , French1999 .Madaba (Jordan); antiquities; ancient mosaics; congresses.
40. Mamluk Jerusalem: an architectural study Book , Print in English1987 .
41. Nasir Khusraw, the ruby of Badakhshan: a portrait of the Persian poet, traveller and philosopher Book , Print in English2000 .
42. Nasir-i Khusraw's Book of travels: Safarnāmah Book , Print in English , Persian2001 .Preface -- Introduction -- Nasir-i Khusraw's Book of travels -- Glossary of persons -- Glossary of places -- Glossary of terms -- Calendrical systems -- Weights and measures -- Nasir's itinerary -- List of work cited -- A bibliography of Nasir-i Khusraw -- Maps.
43. Nāṣer-e Khosraw's book of travels: (Safarnāma) Book , Print in English , Persian1986 .
44. No tapping around philology: a festschrift in honor of Wheeler McIntosh Thackston Jr.'s 70th birthday Book , Print in English2014 .
45. Pagan city and Christian capital: Rome in the fourth century Book , Online in English2000 .This volume studies the transformation of the landscape, civic life and moral values of the pagan city of Rome following the conversion of the emperor Constantine. It explores the rise of Christianity and the decline of paganism in the Roman empire.
46. The pilgrimage of Egeria: a new translation of the Itinerarium Egeriae with introduction and commentary Book , Print in English2018 .This new version of the late fourth-century diary of journeys in and around the Holy Land known as the Itinerarium Egeriae provides a more literal translation of the Latin text than earlier English renderings, with the aim of revealing more of the female traveler's personality.…
47. Routledge handbook on Jerusalem Book , Print in English2019 .Few cities around the world transcend their physical boundaries the way Jerusalem does. As the spiritual capital of monotheism, Jerusalem has ancient roots and legacies that have imposed themselves on its inhabitants throughout the centuries. In modern times, and aside from all…
48. Sacred time, sacred place: archaeology and the religion of Israel Book , Print in English2002 .Religion up and down, out and in / Jonathan Z. Smith -- Theology, philology, and archaeology : in the pursuit of ancient Israelite religion / William G. Dever -- Philology and archaeology : imagining new questions, begetting new ideas / Ziony Zevit…
BS1180 .S16 2002 c. 2Available
49. Sinai and Zion: an entry into the Jewish Bible Book , Print in English1985 .
50. Traveling through text: message and method in late medieval pilgrimage accounts Book , Print in English