For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Capitalism and Christianity, American style Book , Print in English
HB501.C7189 2008 c. 1Checked out
2. A companion to the anthropology of religion Book , Print in English
GN470.C66 2013 c. 1Available
3. Politics of piety: the Islamic revival and the feminist subject Book , Print in English
HQ1785.M34 2005 c. 1Available
4. A reader in the anthropology of religion Book , Print in English2002 .
BL256.R43 2002 c. 1Checked out
5. Red-hot and righteous: the urban religion of the Salvation Army Book , Print in English1999 ."In this engrossing study of religion, urban life, and commercial culture, Diane Winston shows how a (self-styled "red-hot") militant Protestant mission established a beachhead in the modern city. When The Salvation Army, a British evangelical movement, landed in New York in…
BX9718.N7 W56 1999 c. 1Available
6. Religion: beyond a concept Book , Print in English2008 ."What is religion?" -- Religion and philosophy -- Methods of instruction and comparison -- Emerging contexts -- Religion, politics, and law -- Materiality, mediatization, experience -- Spiritual exercises, selves, and beyonds.
BL48.R415 2008 c. 2Recall
7. The secular enlightenment Book , Print in English2019 ."The Secular Enlightenment is a panoramic account of the radical ways that life began to change for ordinary people in the age of Locke, Voltaire, and Rousseau. In this landmark book, familiar Enlightenment figures share places with voices that have remained largely unheard until…
B802 .J33 2019 c. 1Available
8. Varieties of secularism in a secular age Book , Print in English2010 .""What does it mean to say that we live in a secular age?" This apparently simple question opens into the massive, provocative, and complex A Secular Age, where Charles Taylor positions secularism as a defining feature of the modern world, not the mere absence of religion, and…
BL2747.8 .V37 2010 c. 1Available
9. Words: religious language matters Book , Print in English2016 ."It is said that words are like people: One can encounter them daily yet never come to know their true selves. This volume examines what words are how they exist in religious phenomena. Going beyond the common idea that language merely describes states of mind, beliefs, and…
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsP53.76.W67 2016 c. 1Available