For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Capitalism and Christianity, American style Book , Print in English
2. A companion to the anthropology of religion Book , Print in English
3. Genealogies of religion: discipline and reasons of power in Christianity and Islam Book , Print in English
SAIS Main StacksBL50 .A85 1993Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 24 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
4. Politics of piety: the Islamic revival and the feminist subject Book , Print in English2005 .
5. A reader in the anthropology of religion Book , Print in English2002 .
6. Red-hot and righteous: the urban religion of the Salvation Army Book , Print in English1999 ."In this engrossing study of religion, urban life, and commercial culture, Diane Winston shows how a (self-styled "red-hot") militant Protestant mission established a beachhead in the modern city. When The Salvation Army, a British evangelical movement, landed in New York in…
7. Religion: beyond a concept Book , Print in English2008 ."What is religion?" -- Religion and philosophy -- Methods of instruction and comparison -- Emerging contexts -- Religion, politics, and law -- Materiality, mediatization, experience -- Spiritual exercises, selves, and beyonds.
8. The secular enlightenment Book , Print in English2019 ."The Secular Enlightenment is a panoramic account of the radical ways that life began to change for ordinary people in the age of Locke, Voltaire, and Rousseau. In this landmark book, familiar Enlightenment figures share places with voices that have remained largely unheard until…
9. Varieties of secularism in a secular age Book , Print in English2010 .""What does it mean to say that we live in a secular age?" This apparently simple question opens into the massive, provocative, and complex A Secular Age, where Charles Taylor positions secularism as a defining feature of the modern world, not the mere absence of religion, and…
10. Words: religious language matters Book , Print in English2016 ."It is said that words are like people: One can encounter them daily yet never come to know their true selves. This volume examines what words are how they exist in religious phenomena. Going beyond the common idea that language merely describes states of mind, beliefs, and…