For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. "Basel und Bibel": collected communications to the XVIIth Congress of the International Organization for the Study of the Old Testament, Basel 2001 Book , Print , Conference in German , English , French
2. The Bible as it was Book , Print in English
3. Biblical Hebrew: studies in chronology and typology Book , Print in English
4. Biblical interpretation in ancient Israel Book , Online in English
5. The Cambridge companion to biblical interpretation Book , Online in English
6. Canaanite myth and Hebrew epic: essays in the history of the religion of Israel Book , Print in English
Checked out, Due: Oct 11 2019
7. The composition of the Pentateuch: renewing the documentary hypothesis Book , Online in English , Hebrew
8. The composition of the Pentateuch: renewing the documentary hypothesis Book , Print in English , Hebrew
9. Conscientious objectors and the Second World War: moral and religious arguments in support of pacifism Book , Print in English
Libraries Service CenterD 810 .C82 E451 1991 c. 1Available
10. Contextualizing Israel's sacred writing: ancient literacy, orality, and literary production Book , Online , Conference in English
11. Contextualizing Israel's sacred writings: ancient literacy, orality, and literary production Book , Print , Conference in English
12. Creation in Jewish and Christian tradition Book , Print in English
13. Discovering Eve: ancient Israelite women in context Online in English
Eisenhower Location to be AssignedOn OrderUse the request button to place a hold on this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
15. Empirical models for Biblical criticism Book , Print in English
16. Essays on Old Testament history and religion Book , Print in English
17. A farewell to the Yahwist?: the composition of the Pentateuch in recent European interpretation Book , Print in English , Hebrew
18. A farewell to the Yahwist?: the composition of the Pentateuch in recent European interpretation Book , Online in English
19. The Formation of the Pentateuch: Bridging the Academic Cultures of Europe, Israel, and North America Book , Print in English
20. From the margins Book , Print , Conference in English
Eisenhower B LevelBS575.F76 2009 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
21. A history of Pentateuchal traditions Book , Print in English , German
22. How to read the Bible Book , Print in English
Checked out, Due: Jun 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
23. Iconic books and texts Book , Print , Conference in English
24. The idea of biblical poetry: parallelism and its history Book , Print in English
26. Israel's Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective: Text, Archaeology, Culture, and Geoscience Book , Online in English
27. Israel's tabernacle as social space Book , Print in English
28. J, E, and the redaction of the Pentateuch Book , Print in English
29. Jerusalem studies in Egyptology Book , Print in English
30. Jewish concepts of Scripture: a comparative introduction Book , Print in English
31. The Jewish study Bible Book , Print in English
32. Jews, Christians, and the theology of the Hebrew scriptures Book , Print in English , Hebrew
33. The life of Moses: the Yahwist as historian in Exodus-Numbers Book , Print in English
34. The Literary guide to the Bible Book , Print in English
35. Literary interpretations of Biblical narratives Book , Print in English
Eisenhower B LevelBS535.L54 1974 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
36. Living traditions of the Bible: scripture in Jewish, Christian, and Muslim practice Book , Print in English
37. The nature of biblical criticism Book , Print in English
38. Near Eastern studies in honor of William Foxwell Albright Book , Print in English , French , German
Libraries Service CenterPT26.A48 G6 1971 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 3 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
39. The Oxford handbook of theology, sexuality, and gender Book , Print in English2017 ."The Oxford handbook of theology, sexuality, and gender presents an unrivalled overview of the theological study of sexuality and gender. Not merely contentious and pervasive topics, sexuality and gender have escalated in importance within theology. Theologians increasingly agree…
40. The Pentateuch: international perspectives on current research Book , Print , Conference in English2011 .Current issues in methodology. Does recent scholarship's critique of the documentary hypothesis constitute grounds for its rejection? / Baruch J. Schwartz…
41. The Pentateuch as Torah: new models for understanding its promulgation and acceptance Book , Print , Conference in English , Greek, Ancient (to 1453) , Hebrew2007 ."This interdisciplinary collection of essays on the promulgation of the Pentateuch and its acceptance as authoritative Torah includes contributions from international specialists on the Hebrew Bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, Septuagint, Samaritan history, colonial theory, Mediterranean…
42. The Pentateuch in the twentieth century: the legacy of Julius Wellhausen Book , Print in English1998 ."Despite innumerable studies from at least the time of the Reformation, it was not until little more than a century ago that one hypothesis concerning the origin of the Pentateuch, the so-called 'Documentary Theory' formulated by Julius Wellhausen, established itself as the point…
43. The Pentateuch: Introducing the Torah Book , Online in English2017 .The Pentateuch is the heart of the Hebrew Bible and the foundational document of Judaism. It is also the focus of tremendous scholarly exploration and debate today regarding the complex history of its composition. This history will be explored along with analysis of the…
44. Poor banished children of Eve: woman as evil in the Hebrew Bible Book , Print in English2003 .Analyzes four biblical passages (Genesis 2-3, Hosea 1-3, Ezekiel 23, and Proverbs 7) in which a woman is the source or symbol of sin.
45. The problem of the Hexateuch, and other essays Book , Print in English1966 .
46. The problem of the process of transmission in the Pentateuch Book , Print in English1990 .
47. Prolegomena to the history of Israel Book , Print in English1885 .
48. A prophet like Moses: prophecy, law, and Israelite religion Book , Online in English2014 .'A Prophet Like Moses' addresses two of the oldest and most persistent problems in biblical studies: the relationship between prophecy and law in the Hebrew Bible and the utility of the Documentary Hypothesis for understanding Israelite religion. These topics have in many ways…
49. Reading the fractures of Genesis: historical and literary approaches Book , Print in English1996 .Pt. 1. Introduction. 1. The Importance of the Study of Genesis's Formation. 2. Methodology in Reconstruction of Transmission History…
50. Religion and law: Biblical-Judaic and Islamic perspectives Book , Print in English1990 .
51. Religion and politics in the ancient Near East Book , Print in English1996 .
52. The stories of Genesis Book , Print in English1994 .1978 .
54. Theory and method in biblical and cuneiform law: revision, interpolation and development Book , Print in English1994 .Introduction / Bernard M. Levinson -- What is the Covenant Code? / Raymond Westbrook -- The case for revision and interpolation with the biblical legal corpora / Bernard M. Levinson…
55. Torah, Neviʼim u-Khetuvim: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia Book , Print in Hebrew , English , French , German , Latin1984 .
56. Tracking the master scribe: revision through introduction in biblical and Mesopotamian literature Book , Online in English2016 .Working from the two earliest corpora that allow us to track large-scale change over time, this work provides broad overviews of the available evidence for revision through introduction as well as a set of detailed case studies that offer fresh insight into well-known biblical…
57. Understanding Exodus: a holistic commentary on Exodus 1-11 Book , Print in English2013 .In 1969 Professor Greenberg published his Understanding Exodus, covering Exodus 1-11. In this second edition, introduced and edited by Jeffrey H. Tigay, the author's corrections and revisions are incorporated, along with a new foreword. In addition, a new appendix, Questions for…
58. Understanding the Pentateuch as a scripture Book , Online in English2017 .Title Page ; Copyright Page; Contents; List of Boxes; List of Tables; List of Figures; Abbreviations; Preface; Acknowledgements; CHAPTER 1 RITUALIZED TEXT: THE PENTATEUCH AS A SCRIPTURE ; Torah and Pentateuch; Scripture and Ritual; The Three Dimensions of Written Texts…
59. Venezia, incrocio di culture: percezioni di viaggiatori europei e non europei a confronto : atti del convegno, Venezia, 26-27 gennaio 2006 Book , Print , Conference in Italian , English , German2008 .Zur Einführung: Venedig im Schnittpunkt der Kulturen. Wahrnehmungen europäischer und nichteuropäischer Reisender im Vergleich / Klaus Herbers, Felicitas Schmieder -- Venedig als Durchgangsstation für europäische Pilger und Reisende / Gritje Hartmann…
60. Who wrote the Bible? Book , Print in English1987 .
61. Women in the Pentateuch: a feminist and source-critical analysis / Sarah Shectman Book , Print in English , Hebrew2009 ."For the first time, literary source criticism and feminist biblical interpretation are here brought together systematically. Taking into account recent trends in Pentateuchal source criticism, Sarah Shectman divides the narrative into priestly and non-priestly threads, tracing…