For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Slavery by another name: the re-enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II Book , Print in English
E185.2.B545 2009 c. 1Available
2. Suspect identities: a history of fingerprinting and criminal identification Book , Print in English
HV6074.C557 2002 c. 1AvailableInstitute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryHV6074 .C557 2002 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Nov 29 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
3. A pickpocket's tale: the underworld of nineteenth-century New York Book , Print in English2006 .A Pickpocket's Tale is a fascinating true-crime story. Gilfoyle uses George Appo's unpublished memoirs to re-create the world of the nineteenth-century criminal in astonishing detail. George Appo was half Irish, half Chinese who became a pickpocket at the tender age of twelve. he…
2005 .Based on the unsolved 1909 murder of Elsie Sigel, the 'girl missionary' who was believed to have been murdered by Leon Ling, her jealous Chinese lover, this text explores the attempts by the public and police to monitor and regulate Chinese/white social and sexual relations in…
HV6653.A66 G55 2006 c. 1Available
JV6483.L85 2007 c. 1Checked out
5. The condemnation of blackness: race, crime, and the making of modern urban America Book , Print in English2010 ."The Idea of Black Criminality was crucial to the making of modern urban America. Khalil Gibran Muhammad chronicles how, when, and why modern notions of black people as an exceptionally dangerous race of criminals first emerged. Well known are the lynch mobs and racist criminal…
HV6197.U6 M85 2010 c. 1Available
6. Impossible subjects: illegal aliens and the making of modern America Book , Print in English2004 .
Eisenhower A LevelKF4800.N485 2004 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.KF4800.N485 2004 c. 1AvailableSAIS Main StacksKF4800 .N48 2004Checked outChecked out, Due: Jan 8 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
7. Blood in the water: the Attica prison uprising of 1971 and its legacy Book , Print in English2016 ."Historian Heather Ann Thompson offers the first definitive telling of the Attica prison uprising, the state's violent response, and the victims' decades-long quest for justice--in time for the forty-fifth anniversary of the events"--
HV9475.N716 T46 2016 c. 1Available
8. City of courts: socializing justice in Progressive Era Chicago Book , Print in English2003 .I: Transformations -- The price of justice -- A managerial revolution -- Rethinking responsibility for a social age -- Socializing the law -- II: Practices -- Interlude: Socializes law in action -- "Keep sober, work, and support his family": the court of domestic relations…
HV9956.C47 W55 2003 c. 1Available