For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Architecture, ceremonial, and power: the Topkapi Palace in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries Book , Print in English
NA1370.N43 1991 c. 1Available
2. The city's pleasures: Istanbul in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English
DR730.H34 2008 QUARTO c. 1Checked out
3. East encounters West: France and the Ottoman Empire in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English
DR432 .G571 1987 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Nov 30 2019 02:59 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.SAIS Main StacksDR432 .G63 1987Available
4. Frontiers of the Ottoman imagination: studies in honour of Rhoads Murphey Book , Print in English2015 ."Frontiers of the Ottoman Imagination is a compilation of articles celebrating the work of Rhoads Murphey, the eminent scholar of Ottoman studies who has worked at the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies at the University of Birmingham for more than two…
DR486.F765 2015 c. 1Transit
5. Gifts of the Sultan: the arts of giving at the Islamic courts Book , Print in English2011 .The art of the art of giving at the Islamic courts / Linda Komaroff -- Gift giving in the Iranian tradition / Michael Morony -- On giving to shrines: generosity is a quality of the people of paradis / Sheila Blair…
NK720.G54 2011 QUARTO c. 1Available
6. God is the light of the heavens and the earth: light in Islamic art and culture Book , Print in English2015 .The Qur'an makes rich references to light, tying it to revelation, and light consequently permeates the culture and visual arts of the Islamic lands. This book explores the integral role of light in Islamic civilization across a wide range of media, from the Qur'an and literature…
NX688.A4 G63 2015 QUARTO c. 1Checked out
7. Islamic artefacts in the Mediterranean world: trade, gift exchange and artistic transfer Book , Print in English , German , Italian , Spanish2010 .
N6260.I836 2010 QUARTO c. 1Available
8. Legitimizing the order: the Ottoman rhetoric of state power / edited by Hakan T. Karateke, Maurus Reinkowski Book , Print in English2005 .
JC497.L44 2005 c. 1Available
9. Ottoman Baroque: the architectural refashioning of eighteenth-century Istanbul Book , Print in English2019 .A new approach to late Ottoman visual culture and its relationship with the West.
Eisenhower D LevelNA1370.R88 2019 QUARTO c. 2AvailableNA1370.R88 2019 QUARTO c. 1Checked out
10. Ottoman Empire and European theatre IV: Seraglios in theatre, music and literature Book , Online in English2016 .
11. Ottoman tulips, Ottoman coffee: leisure and lifestyle in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English2007 .Tulips and coffee are defining cultural products of the Ottoman eighteenth century, along with their related institutions of palace and coffeehouse. These cultural products hold multiple meanings in the history and historiography of the period. They are associated with the daily…
DR432.O89 2014 c. 1Checked out
12. Practising diplomacy in the Mamluk Sultanate: gifts and material culture in the medieval Islamic world Book , Print in English2016 .Elaborate and sensational gifts were the hallmark of Mamluk diplomacy. From Cairo, where they controlled the medieval spice trade and the holy sites of Christianity and Islam, the Mamluk Sultans - conscious of their humble slave origins - augmented their claims to legitimacy…
DT96.B447 2016 c. 1Available
13. A Social History of Ottoman Istanbul Book , Online in English
14. A social history of Ottoman Istanbul Book , Print in English2010 ."Using a wealth of contemporary Ottoman sources, this book recreates the social history of Istanbul, a huge, cosmopolitan metropolis and imperial capital of the Ottoman Empire. Seat of the sultan and an opulent international emporium, Istanbul was also a city of violence, shaken…
DR730.B69 2010 c. 1Available
15. Türk dünyası kültür atlası: A cultural atlas of the Turkish world Book , Print in Turkish , English