For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Architecture, ceremonial, and power: the Topkapi Palace in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries Book , Print in English
2. The city's pleasures: Istanbul in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English
3. East encounters West: France and the Ottoman Empire in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English
SAIS Main StacksDR432 .G63 1987Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 7 2020
4. Frontiers of the Ottoman imagination: studies in honour of Rhoads Murphey Book , Print in English2015 ."Frontiers of the Ottoman Imagination is a compilation of articles celebrating the work of Rhoads Murphey, the eminent scholar of Ottoman studies who has worked at the Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies at the University of Birmingham for more than two…
5. Gifts of the Sultan: the arts of giving at the Islamic courts Book , Print in English2011 .The art of the art of giving at the Islamic courts / Linda Komaroff -- Gift giving in the Iranian tradition / Michael Morony -- On giving to shrines: generosity is a quality of the people of paradis / Sheila Blair…
6. God is the light of the heavens and the earth: light in Islamic art and culture Book , Print in English2015 .The Qur'an makes rich references to light, tying it to revelation, and light consequently permeates the culture and visual arts of the Islamic lands. This book explores the integral role of light in Islamic civilization across a wide range of media, from the Qur'an and literature…
7. Islamic artefacts in the Mediterranean world: trade, gift exchange and artistic transfer Book , Print in English , German , Italian , Spanish2010 .
8. Legitimizing the order: the Ottoman rhetoric of state power / edited by Hakan T. Karateke, Maurus Reinkowski Book , Print in English2005 .
9. Ottoman Baroque: the architectural refashioning of eighteenth-century Istanbul Book , Print in English2019 .A new approach to late Ottoman visual culture and its relationship with the West.
Checked out, Due: Mar 3 2020
10. Ottoman Empire and European theatre IV: Seraglios in theatre, music and literature Book , Online in English2016 .
11. An Ottoman protocol register: containing ceremonies from 1736 to 1808, BEO Sadaret defterleri 350 in the Prime Ministry Ottoman State Archives, Istanbul Book , Print in English , Turkish, Ottoman2007 .
12. Ottoman tulips, Ottoman coffee: leisure and lifestyle in the eighteenth century Book , Print in English2007 .Tulips and coffee are defining cultural products of the Ottoman eighteenth century, along with their related institutions of palace and coffeehouse. These cultural products hold multiple meanings in the history and historiography of the period. They are associated with the daily…
13. Practising diplomacy in the Mamluk Sultanate: gifts and material culture in the medieval Islamic world Book , Print in English2016 .Elaborate and sensational gifts were the hallmark of Mamluk diplomacy. From Cairo, where they controlled the medieval spice trade and the holy sites of Christianity and Islam, the Mamluk Sultans - conscious of their humble slave origins - augmented their claims to legitimacy…
14. Pride and privilege: a history of Ottoman orders, medals and decorations Book , Print in English2004 .
15. A Social History of Ottoman Istanbul Book , Online in English
16. A social history of Ottoman Istanbul Book , Print in English2010 ."Using a wealth of contemporary Ottoman sources, this book recreates the social history of Istanbul, a huge, cosmopolitan metropolis and imperial capital of the Ottoman Empire. Seat of the sultan and an opulent international emporium, Istanbul was also a city of violence, shaken…
17. Türk dünyası kültür atlası: A cultural atlas of the Turkish world Book , Print in Turkish , English