For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Albrecht Dürer & the epistolary mode of address Book , Print in English
2. Beyond the Lettered City: Indigenous Literacies in the Andes Book , Online in English
3. Bild, Schrift, Zahl Book , Print in German
- 2009 pr
4. Deep classics: rethinking classical reception Book , Print in English
Checked out, Due: Dec 26 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
5. Dickinson unbound: paper, process, poetics Book , Online in English2012 .Alexandra Socarides takes readers on a journey through the actual steps and stages of Emily Dickinson's creative process. In chapters that balance attention to manuscripts, readings of poems, and a consideration of literary and material culture Socarides takes up each of the five…
6. Dissonance (if you are interested) Book , Print in English2005 .
7. Gestures Book , Print in English2014 .Throughout his career, Vilém Flusser kept the idea of gesture in mind: that people express their being in the world through a sweeping range of movements. He reconsiders familiar actions - from speaking and painting to smoking and telephoning - in terms of movement, opening a…
8. Graffiti and the writing arts of early modern England Book , Print in English2001 .1. Graffiti -- 2. Whitewash -- 3. Tattoo -- 4. Pots.
Checked out, Due: Sep 26 2019
9. Inscription and erasure: literature and written culture from the eleventh to the eighteenth century Book , Print in English2007 ."The fear of oblivion obsessed medieval and early modern Europe. Stone, wood, cloth, parchment, and paper all provided media onto which writing was inscribed as a way to ward off loss. And the task was not easy in a world in which writing could be destroyed, manuscripts lost, or…
Checked out, Due: Mar 16 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
10. Laocoon: an essay upon the limits of painting and poetry Book , Print in English , German1963 .
11. Lines: a brief history Book , Print in English2016 .note: 1. Language, music and notation -- 2. Traces, threads and surfaces -- 3. Up, across and along -- 4. genealogical line -- 5. Drawing, writing and calligraphy -- 6. How the line became straight.
12. Love letters: Dutch genre paintings in the age of Vermeer Book , Print in English2003 .
13. The Matter of the Page: Essays in Search of Ancient and Medieval Authors Book , Online in English
14. Pens and Needles: Women's Textualities in Early Modern England Book , Online in English
15. Picture theory: essays on verbal and visual representation Book , Print in English1994 .1. The Pictorial Turn -- 2. Metapictures -- 3. Beyond Comparison: Picture, Text, and Method -- 4. Visible Language: Blake's Art of Writing -- 5. Ekphrasis and the Other -- 6. Narrative, Memory, and Slavery -- 7. Ut Pictura Theoria: Abstract Painting and Language…
16. Poetics of the iconotext Book , Print in English2016 .Part I: Text/image: the infinite dialogue. What is an image? -- The infinite dialogue between text and image -- Part II: Modes of insertion of the pictorial: a text/image typology. Narrative figures of the pictorial image…
17. The power of line: Linea III Book , Print in English2015 ."There are no lines in nature; lines are always the expression of human actions, perception and design. Lines divide or connect; they are sometimes static and sometimes gestural and full of movement; they represent and create forms in space and time. The essays in this volume…
18. Reading "Rembrandt": beyond the word-image opposition : the Northrop Frye lectures in literary theory Book , Print in English1991 .
Checked out, Due: Sep 1 2019
19. Sign and design: script as image in cross-cultural perspective (300-1600 CE) Book , Print , Conference in English2016 ."From antiquity to the modern age, legal, documentary, exegetical, literary, and linguistic traditions have viewed the relationship between image and letter in diverse ways. There is a long history of scholarship examining this relationship, probing the manner and meaning of its…
20. Stories in Red and Black: Pictorial Histories of the Aztec and Mixtec Book , Online in English2000 .Configuring the past -- History and historians -- Writing in images -- Structures of history -- Mixtec genealogical histories -- Lienzos and tiras from Oaxaca and southern Puebla -- Stories of migration, conquest, and consolidation in the central valleys -- Aztec altepetl annals…
21. The textual condition Book , Print in English1991 .
22. This is not a pipe Book , Print in English1983 .
23. This is not a pipe Book , Print in English1983 .This volume contains the author's classic essay on the complex relationship between language and image in René Magritte's iconic painting. What does it mean to write "This is not a pipe" across a bluntly literal painting of a pipe? The painting is not a pipe, but rather an image…
24. The visible word: experimental typography and modern art, 1909-1923 Book , Print in English1994 .Introduction: Background Parameters, and Terminology -- 1. Semiotics, Materiality and Typographic Practice -- 2. Visual and Literary Materiality in Modern Art…
Checked out, Due: Jun 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Checked out, Due: Nov 30 2019 10:30 AM
25. Visual culture and mathematics in the early modern period Book , Print in English2017 .The Mathematical Mind and the Search for Beauty -- Artists as Mathematicians -- Euclid and Artistic Accomplishment.