For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The dominion of war: empire and liberty in North America, 1500-2000 Book , Print in English
2. The end of the myth: from the frontier to the border wall in the mind of America Book , Print in English2019 ."Ever since this nation's founding, the idea of an open and ever-expanding frontier has been central to American identity. Symbolizing a future of endless promise, the frontier made possible the United States' belief in itself as an exceptional nation--democratic,…
3. The Indian world of George Washington: the first President, the first Americans, and the birth of the nation Book , Print in English2018 ."An authoritative, sweeping, and fresh new biography of the nation's first president, Colin G. Calloway's book reveals fully the dimensions and depths of George Washington's relations with the First Americans."--Provided by publisher.
4. Letters from an American farmer and other essays Book , Print in English2013 .Letter I Introductory Letter -- Letter II Thoughts, Feelings and Pleasures of an American Farmer -- Letter III What Is an American? -- Letter IV Description of the Island of Nantucket, with the Manners, Customs, Policy and Trade of the Inhabitants…
5. Manifest destiny: American expansionism and the empire of right Book , Print in English1995 .I. Choice and Chosenness, 1600-1820 -- II. Destinies and Destinations, 1820-1865 -- III. Blessings of Civilization, 1865-1914 -- IV. Falling Into the World, 1914-1990.
6. Manifest destiny and American territorial expansion: a brief history with documents Book , Print in English2018 .note: pt. ONE Introduction: The "Free Development" of a North American Empire -- Ideological Origins of Manifest Destiny -- Territorial Expansion in the Early Republic -- Factors Driving Early Expansionism -- U.S. Expansion in a World Context -- Expansionism and Indian People…
7. Manifest Destiny and American Territorial Expansion: A Brief History with Documents Book , Print in English2012 .
Checked out, Due: Nov 30 2019 03:00 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
8. Masters of the middle waters: Indian nations and colonial ambitions along the Mississippi Book , Print in English2019 .From the fall of Cahokia in the early fourteenth century to the ascendancy of the young United States in the early nineteenth century, Jacob Lee reinterprets the history of early North America by tracing the key role major midcontinental rivers and social networks played in…
9. The papers of Thomas Jefferson Book , Print in English1950 ."The Papers of Thomas Jefferson is a projected 60-volume series containing not only the 18,000 letters written by Jefferson but also, in full or in summary, the more than 25,000 letters written to him. Including documents of historical significance as well as private notes not…
Eisenhower B LevelE302.J46 1950 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
George Peabody Library, Non-Circ308.1 J45 c. 1Multiple Items
10. The progressive historians: Turner, Beard, Parrington Book , Print in English1968 .
11. The records of the Federal Convention of 1787 Book , Print in English1966 .
Eisenhower B LevelJK1411966 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
12. The shaping of America: a geographical perspective on 500 years of history Book , Print in English1986 .v. 1. Atlantic America, 1492-1800 -- v. 2. Continental America, 1800-1867 -- v. 3. Transcontinental America, 1850-1915 -- v. 4. Global America, 1915-2000.
Eisenhower B LevelE178.M571 1986 c. 1 | Floor mapMultiple Items
Eisenhower B LevelE178.M571 1986 c. 2 | Floor mapMultiple Items
13. Statehood and union: a history of the Northwest Ordinance Book , Print in English1987 .
14. The world of the revolutionary American republic: land, labor, and the conflict for a continent Book , Print in English2014 .1. Introduction: Conflict for a Continent: Land, Labor, and the State in the First American Republic / Andrew Shankman -- SECTION I ORIGINS OF THE REVOLUTIONARY AMERICAN REPUBLIC -- 2. Producing Empire: The British Empire in Theory and Practice / Zara Anishanslin…