For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. The afterlife of images: translating the pathological body between China and the West Book , Print in English
R836.H46 2008 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Oct 31 2019 10:39 AMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 6, Welch LibraryR836 .H46 2008 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
2. China's last empire: the great Qing Book , Print in English2009 ."In a brisk revisionist history, William Rowe challenges the standard narrative of Qing China as a decadent, inward-looking state that failed to keep pace with the modern West." "The Great Qing was the second major Chinese empire ruled by foreigners. Three strong Manchu emperors…
DS754.R84 2009 c. 1Available
3. Cinderella's sisters: a revisionist history of footbinding Book , Print in English2005 .Footbinding is widely condemned as perverse & as symbolic of male domination over women. This study offers a more complex explanation of a thousand year practice, contending that the binding of women's feet in China was sustained by the interests of both women and men.
GT498.F66 K55 2005 c. 1Available
4. Compendium of materia medica: Bencao gangmu Book , Print in English , Chinese2003 .
Eisenhower C LevelRS180.C5 L4513 2003b c. 1Multiple Items
5. The craft of gardens Book , Print in English1988 .
SB 457.55 .C4713 1988 QUARTO c. 1Checked out
6. Every step a lotus: shoes for bound feet Book , Print in English2001 ."In Every Step a Lotus, Dorothy Ko embarks on a fascinating exploration of the practice of footbinding in China, explaining its origins, purpose, and spread before the nineteenth century. She uses women's own voices to reconstruct the inner chambers of a Chinese house where women…
GT498.F66 K6 2001 c. 1Available
7. Fruitful sites: garden culture in Ming dynasty China Book , Print in English1996 ."Gardens are sites that can be at one and the same time admired works of art and valuable pieces of real estate. As the first account in English to be wholly based on contemporary Chinese sources, this innovative, beautifully illustrated book grounds the practices of…
SB466.C5 C6 1996 c. 1Checked out
8. Landscapes clear and radiant: the art of Wang Hui (1632-1717) Book , Print in English2008 ."Wang Hui, the most celebrated painter of late-seventeenth-century China, played a key role both in reinvigorating past traditions of landscape painting and in establishing the stylistic foundations for the imperially sponsored art of the Qing court. Drawing upon his protean…
ND1049.W363 A4 2008 QUARTO c. 1Available
9. Luxurious networks: salt merchants, status, and statecraft in eighteenth-century China Book , Print in English2017 .From precious jade articles to monumental stone arches, Huizhou salt merchants in Jiangnan lived surrounded by objects in eighteenth-century China. How and why did these businessmen devote themselves to these items? What can we learn about eighteenth-century China by examining…
DS754.12 .W8 2017 c. 1Checked out
10. Of tripod and palate: food, politics and religion in traditional China Book , Print , Conference in English2004 ."In Of Tripod and Palate, leading scholars examine the relationship between secular and religious food culture in ancient China from various perspectives, making it a valuable resource for readers with an interest in Chinese cultural history and China studies…
GT2853.C6 C66 2004 c. 1Available
11. Popular culture in late imperial China Book , Print in English1985 .
DS754.14 .P661 1985 c. 1Available
12. Science and civilisation in China Book , Print in English1954 .v. 1. Introductory orientations.-- v. 2. History of scientific thought.-- v. 3. Mathematics and the sciences of the heavens and the earth.--
Eisenhower C LevelQ127.C5 N38 1954 c. 1Multiple Items
Institute of the History of Medicine Books - Stack Level 8, Welch LibraryDS721 .N37 c. 1Multiple Items
SAIS Main StacksDS721 .N39Multiple Items
- v.4: pt.1-3
- v.5: pt.1-7, 9
- v.6: pt.1-3, 6
Eisenhower C LevelQ127.C5 N38 1954 c. 2Multiple Items
- v. 1-3; v. 4, pts. 1-3; v. 5, pts. 1-2 & 7; v. 6, pts. 1-2; v. 7, pt. 2
13. The social life of inkstones: artisans and scholars in early Qing China Book , Print in English2017 .An inkstone, a piece of polished stone no bigger than an outstretched hand, is an instrument for grinding ink, an object of art, a token of exchange between friends or sovereign states, and a surface on which texts and images are carved. As such, the inkstone has been entangled…
Eisenhower D LevelNK6035.2.C6 K6 2017 c. 2AvailableNK6035.2.C6 K6 2017 c. 1Checked out
14. The story of the stone: a novel in five volumes Book , Print in English1979 .v. 1. The golden days.--v. 2. The Crab-Flower Club.--v. 3. The warning voice.--v. 4. The debt of tears.--v. 5. The dreamer wakes.
Eisenhower D LevelPX2727.S3H82 1979 c. 1Multiple Items
15. The story of the stone: a Chinese novel in five volumes Book , Print in English1973 .v. 1 The golden days. --v. 5. The dreamer wakes.
Eisenhower D LevelPX2727.S3H82 1973 c. 1Multiple Items
Eisenhower D LevelPX2727.S3H82 1973 c. 2Multiple Items
16. Superfluous things: material culture and social status in early modern China Book , Print in English1991 .
Eisenhower B LevelHN 740 .Z9 S6232 1991 c. 1Available
17. Technology and gender: fabrics of power in late imperial China Book , Print in English1997 .List of Chinese Dynasties -- Introduction: The Framework of Everyday Life: Technology, Women and Cultural History -- pt. 1. Building a Tradition: The Construction of Chinese Social Space. 1. House Form and Meaning. 2. Encoding Patriarchy. 3. The Text of the Chinese House…
HQ 1768 .B72 1997 c. 1Available
18. A tower for the summer heat Book , Print in English1992 .Introduction -- A tower for the summer heat -- Return-to-right hall -- House of gathered refinements -- The cloud-scraper -- Homing Crane Lodge -- Nativity room.
PX 2698 .L52 A24 1992 c. 1Checked out