For electronic reserves…
Homewood Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Eisenhower Course Readings
SAIS Patrons may access electronic reserves from their course pages in Blackboard
Welch Patrons may access electronic reserves from: Welch E-Reserves
Patrons with questions regarding access to electronic reserves should email or speak to their home library.
1. Braiding sweetgrass Book , Online , Print in English
2. Buffet: all you can eat Las Vegas Video/Film , DVD in English
3. The Columbian exchange: biological and cultural consequences of 1492 Book , Print in English
4. An essay on the principle of population Book , Print in English
Libraries Service CenterHB861.E7 2008 c. 1Available
5. Food and culture: a reader Book , Print in English1997 .The changing significance of food / Margaret Mead -- Toward a psychosociology of contemporary food consumption / Roland Barthes -- The culinary triangle / Claude Lévi-Strauss -- Deciphering a meal / Mary Douglas -- The semiotics of food in the Bible / Jean Soler…
Libraries Service CenterGT2850.F64 1997 c. 1Available
6. The human web: a bird's-eye view of world history Book , Print in English2003 .
7. Ilha das flores Video/Film , DVD in Portuguese2003 .A satiric look at what becomes of the garbage produced by the inhabitants of Porto Alegre, Brazil. Covers human values, the food chain and the poverty that requires people to search for food in garbage.
8. The Mushroom at the end of the world: on the possibility of life in capitalist ruins Book , Print in English2017 ."Matsutake is the most valuable mushroom in the world - and a weed that grows in human-disturbed forests across the northern hemisphere. Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing's account of this sought-after fungi offers insights into areas far beyond just mushrooms and addresses a crucial…
Checked out, Due: Dec 31 2019 11:56 AMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
9. The mushroom at the end of the world: on the possibility of life in capitalist ruins Book , Print in English2015 ."A tale of diversity within our damaged landscapes, The Mushroom at the End of the World follows one of the strangest commodity chains of our times to explore the unexpected corners of capitalism. Here, we witness the varied and peculiar worlds of matsutake commerce: the worlds…
Checked out, Due: Sep 23 2019
10. A natural history of the senses Book , Print in English1990 .
11. Our daily bread Video/Film , DVD in English2006 .A spectacular visual essay composed of epic tableaus, a haunting vision of our modern food industry, and the methods and technology utilized for mass production.
12. Proust was a neuroscientist Book , Print in English2008 ."In this technology-driven age, it's tempting to believe that science can solve every mystery. After all, science has cured countless diseases and even sent humans into space. But as Jonah Lehrer argues in this sparkling debut, science is not the only path to knowledge. In fact,…
13. Sweetness and power: the place of sugar in modern history Book , Print in English1986 .
Checked out, Due: Dec 26 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Checked out, Due: Feb 9 2020SAIS Main StacksGT2869 .M56 1986Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 1 2020Lilienfeld Collection -- Stack Level 5, Welch LibraryGT 2869 .M665 1986 c. 1Available
14. Tasting food, tasting freedom: excursions into eating, culture, and the past Book , Print in English1996 .1. Introduction -- 2. Food and Its Relationship to Concepts of Power -- 3. Tasting Food, Tasting Freedom -- 4. The Conquest of Honey by Sucrose -- 5. Sugar and Morality -- 6. Color, Taste, and Purity -- 7. Cuisine: High, Low, and Not at All -- 8. Eating American.